Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any who are unaware of the shape that the roster has been in, look no further (and it should have been one more invitee as Nigel Warrior got jobbed by not being invited to this year's combine)

But I thought Florida was in the exact same shape as us it’s just that Mehlen is a better coach? 🙄

Jimmy after .25 marijuanas

source.gif

I've never had enough marijuanas to make me dance like that.

A Corona and Dog is what I want to eat at the Chinese Buffet. They just disguise it as a form of chicken. WTF

5D5AFB8E-D0C0-4BA2-A97A-D6F2FB1408D7.png

Which is more incredible? Golfers please advise how tough a 94 ft putt is. Sounds tough to me.

Shot would be more difficult imo because of how the floor is made. It has little friction and is flat so the golfer would really only have to put the ball straight

Reactions: StoVol
Again bud, it's a different story outside when u are hitting inclines and such, the road is harder than a treadmill.

Agreed. On 5ks, I’m happy with an 8 min mile pace. Some days I’m faster than that, but i’m always faster than that on a treadmill. Won’t even attempt a sub 7 min mile pace for an extended stretch - treadmill or not.

Barkley of GTHO

Barkley Marathons - Wikipedia

The Barkley Marathons is an ultramarathon trail race held in Frozen Head State Park near Wartburg, Tennessee. If runners complete 60 miles (97 km) this is known as a "fun run". The full course is 100 miles (160 km) (distances are approximate). The race is limited to a 60-hour period, and takes place in late March or early April of each year.

The Barkley course was designed by Gary "Lazarus Lake" Cantrell. His idea for the race was inspired upon hearing about the 1977 escape of James Earl Ray, the assassin of Martin Luther King Jr., from nearby Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary. Ray covered only 8 miles (13 km) after running 55 hours in the woods. Cantrell said to himself, "I could do at least 100 miles", mocking Ray's low mileage. Thus, the Barkley Marathons was born.[1][2] Cantrell named the race for his longtime neighbor and running companion, Barry Barkley who, at 70 years of age, passed away on December 5, 2019.[3] It was first run in 1986.[4]

hey @bignewt how big of a deal is a sub-20 minute 5k? seriously. I'm thinking about setting a new goal. just wondering as I'm kind of a 46-yo running newb.
Depends on goals, age and course. If you want to increase pace start getting serious with interval training, lunges and speed days. You’re looking at just over a 6 min pace I think. That’s attainable but requires focused effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back