Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference in the amount of time the S&C coaches and the on field coaches can spend with the players. How could he be an on field coach and still be the lead S&C?
He can't be both. On field coach is limited in his contact with players during season. Off season, the S&C coach is the man who gets to oversee the players. If they try to make him a S&C coach, as well as a position coach, the NCAA may come calling.

You guys are shortsighted on this. He can still talk to everybody and basically his assistants will run the workouts. He doesn’t have to earn respect from new players...he’s an institution. He’ll run along that line as tight as he can without tiptoeing over...or tiptoe over and no one’ll tattle. This move was made for the on field brutality his workouts used to inspire and the Sam Pittman level (if not more) name recognition in recruiting.
I get what you're saying. But like I said, I just don't think he's the best in the country because he can make a schedule and write a workout plan. I think there's a ton of people that can do that. His best attribute is being around the players, which he's essentially cutting in half by taking this job. Also, I don't really see the benefit of having him on the field. For a mid practice workout? I'm not saying there is zero benefit... But I think there are tons of actual football coaches that have way more value in that role.

The recruiting bit is the only part that makes any logical sense to me.

I get what you're saying. But like I said, I just don't think he's the best in the country because he can make a schedule and write a workout plan. I think there's a ton of people that can do that. His best attribute is being around the players, which he's essentially cutting in half by taking this job. Also, I don't really see the benefit of having him on the field. For a mid practice workout? I'm not saying there is zero benefit... But I think there are tons of actual football coaches that have way more value in that role.

The recruiting bit is the only part that makes any logical sense to me.
The value of him being there in workouts is the personal energy he brings and inspires...now he brings that to the field. Love him or hate him, that energy level is where Trooper Taylor brought value. This guy has double that imo. Starters and key backups participate in ST’s too and now they get charged up. Had a contingent on here championing Sheriron Jones playing time for one game’s worth of sideline cheerleading. First thought on this move was a desperation heave by Smart, but now I’m seeing where it’s going.

He can't be both. On field coach is limited in his contact with players during season. Off season, the S&C coach is the man who gets to oversee the players. If they try to make him a S&C coach, as well as a position coach, the NCAA may come calling.
They don’t have to. He can still talk to the players and that’s an advantage. He can overlook the workouts and what’s being worked on and that’s worth it’s weight.

I agree. I don’t get what anyone here thinks this is bad for Georgia somehow? Common denominators for Alabama’s run... Saban and Cochran. That dude has been creating Monsters for Alabama for over a decade. Last thing we need Georgia to have with all that talent is a coach who knows what to do with it.
The big difference is that as a position coach Cochran will not be allowed to have constant contact with the team during the off-season like you could a strength and conditioning coach.

Is he not going to coach strength and conditioning? Does he know how to coach Special teams? This is some weird shist.

Exactly. Bama loses their strength coach, and they're wasting an on-field position with someone who's never coached on field... in the SEC?!?!

Merry f@#$ing Christmas to us, y'all.

Cochrane moving is a major loss to Bama, a moderate gain for UGA, a limited gain for the rest of the SEC.

Bama's is easy to understand. UGA's is moderate because they already had a quality S&C, it just got bumped to a higher level for the reasons butchna is posting. The rest of the SEC gained some because of Bama's loss.

What it means to us - Bama goes down a notch, UGA improves a notch. Net nothing since we play them both every year. If CJP and staff take care of business it will not matter. I would not trade our HC/coordinators/S&C/top recruiter for any of theirs. I just want ours to continue to gain experience working together and build the roster into an elite program. They can get it done IMO. Just keep working and stay focused.

Only thing I’m gathering from the twilight bark is the dog pound being excited about his recruiting ability,how they are measuring that I’m not sure,but they think he will be a major hit with recruits,also at his position being on the field as a motivator...someone stated on there that Scott has been frustrated and very displeased with saban for a while because he’s known that Scott has wanted to be a football coach and has felt like he could be a great one..add all the coaches that’s been hired at bama that left,came back or never returned.Scott felt passed over considering the loyalty he had shown saban for sticking around when everyone else has left him..👀👀 very interesting over there...the same guy that said that,stated that it came from someone He knew very high in a university of Alabama administrative position and that he made a prediction it would come to this in a few years but happened much sooner.🤷🏽‍♂️ TIFWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back