Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my math is right this is the number of 4-5 star players on each SEC teams roster
Alabama-73
Georgia-65
Auburn-48
LSU-46
Florida-46
Texas A&M-40
Tennessee-39
South Carolina-27
Arkansas-19
Kentucky-18
Mississippi St-17
Ole Miss-14
Missouri-6
Vanderbilt-4

Now add in Oklahoma since we play them!

Reactions: WonfulVol
If my math is right this is the number of 4-5 star players on each SEC teams roster
Alabama-73
Georgia-65
Auburn-48
LSU-46
Florida-46
Texas A&M-40
Tennessee-39
South Carolina-27
Arkansas-19
Kentucky-18
Mississippi St-17
Ole Miss-14
Missouri-6
Vanderbilt-4

First impression: I’d put us in that second second tier (in a four tier system) of most talented. Alabama and Georgia are in a league of their own.

Second impression: Mark Stoops is a really good coach.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
Just to let you all know, my mom finally lost her fight with Alzheimer's tonight. I appreciate all of your prayers, thoughts, and kind words. She's at peace now.

I would like to ask for three things:

1. Give your loves ones an extra hug tonight, especially your parents if you can.

2. Keep my family in your prayers, especially my dad.

3. If you have an Xtra dollar or two, give it to the Alzheimer's association or another Alzheimer's organization for old InVOL. This is truly a wicked disease that needs a cure

Just read this. So sorry my friend. God be with you and sending prayers and hope for strength for you and your father.

The problem is my girls read so much. They try to take books into restaurants because we don't allow them to take devices. They read EVERYTHING else. Lol.
That is the only reason my girls haven't read it yet. It takes a major time commitment to stay on track. You pretty much have to give up reading anything else for a while if you work.

Reactions: Glitch
Just to let you all know, my mom finally lost her fight with Alzheimer's tonight. I appreciate all of your prayers, thoughts, and kind words. She's at peace now.

1. Give your loves ones an extra hug tonight, especially your parents if you can.

3. If you have an Xtra dollar or two, give it to the Alzheimer's association or another Alzheimer's organization for old InVOL. This is truly a wicked disease that needs a cure
Both my parents had or have it now. It places such a toll on the person and their families for years in most cases. I guess I’m a candidate to develop it because there is a link that it will pass from generation to generation.

Anybody got some netflix standup recommendations of lesser known people?

We've seen pretty much all of Sebastian Maniscalo's stuff the past week and have also started on some Ronny Chieng. These were people I hadn't even heard of until we heard them on Sirius, but their netflix stuff delivered.

Looking for other relative unknowns.

Anthony Jeselnik also

Sorry for your loss, fellow brother in orange. I lost my papaw in 2016 to Alzheimer’s. It’s an unforgiving disease that pulls no punches. Thoughts and prayers with you and yours!

I just said goodbye to my grandmother for the same. She isn’t dead yet, and it won’t be long,but that isn’t my grandmother that I know.

I’ve been infantry in the Marine Corps and am now a nurse in the ER, so I’ve seen more death than most but that is a different feeling entirely seeing someone you care about that way.

There truly are things worse than death.

Proud of the women. Time for the men's program to step it up.

I miss the days when Ray Buzzard built the Vols swim team up to a national power. He took a page from the Ray Mears book with little motivational tricks like having the team bring a bottle of water from the UT pool to pour into the other team's pool before the start of an away meet, including the SEC meet). He started the tradition of the swimmers wearing the coonskin hats. But my favorite (and I know it was sexist but you have to put it in the context of the times) was sending two orange bikini clad young ladies out in a canoe with the American flag for the national anthem. Sports Illustrated did a multiple page story on the team (back when SI was the only sports magazine out there) and put a picture of that in the story. The swim center would be packed just for dual meets.

I was in summer school in 72 when the women's Olympic team trained at UT. Those were some strong women. But they ended up getting waxed by the East Germans in a real stunner, which was later proven to be based upon massive chemical engineering that ruined those girls' lives. But at the time it was considered to be an absolute disaster for the US who had dominated international women's swimming up to that point.

Better sports through better drugs, another Soviet tradition that Putin is trying to bring back.

Come on people. Its February and our recruiting class is in shambles. We are doomed! CP can't close. we don't have Rocker to lean on for strong recruiting. What are we going to do? Its almost March. HAHA!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Come on people. Its February and our recruiting class is in shambles. We are doomed! CP can't close. we don't have Rocker to lean on for strong recruiting. What are we going to do? Its almost March. HAHA!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
We replaced proven position coaches with coaches that are suppose to help with recruiting and they haven't landed one player yet. It's a nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back