Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you all know, my mom finally lost her fight with Alzheimer's tonight. I appreciate all of your prayers, thoughts, and kind words. She's at peace now.

I would like to ask for three things:

1. Give your loves ones an extra hug tonight, especially your parents if you can.

2. Keep my family in your prayers, especially my dad.

3. If you have an Xtra dollar or two, give it to the Alzheimer's association or another Alzheimer's organization for old InVOL. This is truly a wicked disease that needs a cure
Sorry to hear, praying for you and you're family.

Just to let you all know, my mom finally lost her fight with Alzheimer's tonight. I appreciate all of your prayers, thoughts, and kind words. She's at peace now.

1. Give your loves ones an extra hug tonight, especially your parents if you can.

3. If you have an Xtra dollar or two, give it to the Alzheimer's association or another Alzheimer's organization for old InVOL. This is truly a wicked disease that needs a cure
So sorry, Brother. I know it has been a terrible trial for you and your family. I am grateful you have shared your mom's story and please know that all the prayers are coming your way. I wish for peace and comfort for all of you.

Having gone through the experience as well my heart hurts for you, your father, and your family. Prayers for all. I echo the support for the Alzheimer's Association. It is such a cruel disease we need to do all we can to eradicate it.

Anybody got some netflix standup recommendations of lesser known people?

We've seen pretty much all of Sebastian Maniscalo's stuff the past week and have also started on some Ronny Chieng. These were people I hadn't even heard of until we heard them on Sirius, but their netflix stuff delivered.

Looking for other relative unknowns.

Last edited:
Reactions: quadlee21
Anybody got some netflix standup recommendations?

We've seen pretty much all of Sebastian Maniscalo's stuff the past week and have also started on some Ronny Chieng. These were people I hadn't even heard of until we heard then on Sirius, but their netflix stuff delivered.

Good wholesome comedy:
Brian Regan
Tom Papa
Jim Gaffigan
Nate Bargatze

Edgy/controversial but awesome if you’re not a snowflake:
Dave Chappelle - sticks and stones is hard to beat but all his specials are elite.
Chris Rock - Tambourine
Bill Burr
Louis CK
Tom Segura
Theo Vonn

HBO has some good ones too. Jerrod Carmichael has 2 on there that are really good. He also directs one that’s awesome if you like dark standup, it’s a comedian named Drew Michael and there’s no audience, so no laughing, just him on stage doing his act. It’s really good.

Lots more but those are worth viewing.

Good wholesome comedy:
Brian Regan
Tom Papa
Jim Gaffigan
Nate Bargatze

Dave Chappelle - sticks and stones is hard to beat but all his specials are elite.
Chris Rock - Tambourine
Bill Burr
Louis CK
Tom Segura
Theo Vonn

HBO has some good ones too. Jerrod Carmichael has 2 on there that are really good. He also directs one that’s awesome if you like dark standup, it’s a comedian named Drew Michael and there’s no audience, so no laughing, just him on stage doing his act. It’s really good.

I'd add Anthony Jeselnick and John Mulaney to the latter category.

Good wholesome comedy:
Brian Regan
Tom Papa
Jim Gaffigan
Nate Bargatze

Chris Rock - Tambourine
Bill Burr
Louis CK
Tom Segura
Theo Vonn

Dammit Ron, I said relative unknowns 😂 enjoy the first 2 groups though for sure. Especially respect how good the clean guys can still be great. Carmichael and Michael I have yet to see or even hear of. Thank you, sir. The Michael one especially sounds interesting.

@InVOLuntary - I’m sorry for your loss. My mom passed in August after a long downward slide with Alzheimer’s.
One of the worst things was that my 13 and 7 year old girls never really got to know their grandmother in her true, vibrant form. Their memories will mainly be from these last few years. Fortunately, my Mom was a pleasant, happy person all the way to the end. She eventually didn’t know who any of us were other than that we were family.

It has changed my outlook (at age 43) on how I plan to live and take care of myself for the next 40 years.

I would say something comforting about how the loss gets easier over time, but I haven’t reached that point yet.

The Jeselnik shtick gets old at times...but I still laugh every time. Mulaney is elite. Seen him live, well worth it.
I could see how people would think that about AJ but he is the best at what he does and I love how he doesn't give af.

InVol so sorry to hear about your mom. I lost my dad in August to Alzheimer`s. Reading your post brought tears to my eyes just reinforcing I`m not over losing him yet. Lean on the Lord and your loved ones they can help. I read a post one day that said "sometimes my memories run down my cheeks" I have found this to be so true.

Dammit Ron, I said relative unknowns 😂 enjoy the first 2 groups though for sure. Especially respect how good the clean guys can still be great. Carmichael and Michael I have yet to see or even hear of. Thank you, sir. The Michael one especially sounds interesting.
Lesser known guys...
Andrew Schultz - his youtube is full of standup he put out. His first big special is taping next month. Very edgy but hilarious nyc comedian.

Chris Distefano and Yannis Pappas are friends of Schultz, also from nyc, and have a podcast together and also do standup. Hilarious dudes.

Shane Gillis
Dov Davidoff

Jay Larson

Reactions: bignewt

Sorry to hear this news my orange brother.I lost mine 5 years ago and the hurt will lessen over time but I still think about her every day.

We've seen pretty much all of Sebastian Maniscalo's stuff the past week and have also started on some Ronny Chieng. These were people I hadn't even heard of until we heard them on Sirius, but their netflix stuff delivered.

Gerry Dee, Mike Birbiglia, Nate Bargatze, Rory Scovel

Probably the only ones that aren't somewhat "big" already.

Jo Koy

Iliza Schlesinger...not really that funny.

Gaffigan is always good.

Standup is a dying art.

I liked James Acaster: Repertoire although I only watched the first two so far (there are four one-hour shows). He walks that line between clever quirkiness and British absurdity. You might need subtitles though — his heavy accent (don’t know what region) lost me a few times.

Very sorry to read this. May she now be at peace and may peace and comfort overwhelm you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back