Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should check out one of the San Juan Applebees.

giphy.gif

Since this is TECH hour on VN I have a question: does anyone have the noise cancelling ear buds for Apple? And is there a non-Apple brand that’s good?
No but I have some over-ear wireless ones that work well. The feature drains the battery some, but worth it when you need it.

I've never liked the earbuds. Just not for me. Weird feeling being in the ear, can fall out running, worse sound and much worse bass, for typically more money (especially wireless ones).

Good wireless on-ear or over-ear headphones are just so dang cheap these days, with plenty of features.

Reactions: engineerVOL
Doctors thought he was having an appendix attack and were preparing for surgery. Then discovered that everyone else was sick too

If they had removed his appendix, he could've owned Applebee's and a hospital. Darn the rotten luck.

Reactions: gainesvol82
No but I have some over-ear wireless ones that work well. The feature drains the battery some, but worth it when you need it.

I've never liked the earbuds. Just not for me. Weird feeling being in the ear, can fall out running, worse sound and much worse bass, for typically more money (especially wireless ones).

Good wireless on-ear or over-ear headphones are just so dang cheap these days, with plenty of features.

Yea that’s what I meant wireless ones. Thanks. Recommend a wireless brand?

Some have an unnatural dislike for JG. I wonder how many were all aboard the JG train when he committed and thought he was gonna lead us to greatness. If I wasn't so lazy I would go back and find their posts and bump them, but I am, so I won't. @Bassmaster_Vol is good at that though.

everyone of us because we are Vol fans and hope.

Yea that’s what I meant wireless ones. Thanks. Recommend a wireless brand?
Not really. I have 3 different pairs from 3 different companies and all sound and work really well. Range from $18 (iJoy) to $65 (RCA) for a nicer pair with noise canceling. You don't have to spend much to get a great pair these days. Honestly, the $18 ones sound about the same as the $65. And people that spend $250 on those Beats headphones don't realize the tech inside and sound quality is the same as the $20 pair. I had an old pair I used for 6 years from walmart that cost me $40. Still works great today, just got worn out looking. My experience has been it's hard to go wrong these days with wireless headphones. On the other hand, I've had really bad experiences with the old wired earbuds. Poor sound, easily falling apart, one ear goes out, etc.

I usually just browse Amazon and find the features I want and read the reviews. It really depends how you need to use the headphones. For running, I prefer on-ear. If I want the best sound and noise cancelling and am not doing a lot of physical activity, I go over-the-ear. For indoor work with music instruments, I use over-ear large diaphragm wired pair (Sony) tuned for such use.

Last edited:
I have visited 30 out of 50 states. Who's been to more?
38 of 50..plus Puerto Rico and the American Virgin Islands. Lord willing, and if my health will hold out, I am gonna knock em all off the Bucket list except for Hawaii in the next few years. I don't think I will be able to afford to go there. I want to visit all the National Parks in the 48 contiguous states is my main goal.

I would say me but "visited" would be a lie. Driven thru the continental US, passed by most of our greatest landmarks but spent time or enjoyed? Less😐
That sucks man. I love the great natural wonders of our nation. I don't really care that much for visiting the big tourist cities except for the historical aspect..I love history and culture.

4 friends of mine ate at an Applebee’s this past weekend. Within 2 hours all were vomiting and one was hospitalized for food poisoning.

Disappointed more than normal in Applebee's, granted it's not great food. But happy hour ya get half price apps so it's not the worst spot to have some beer.

Last time we went though they were charging $0.25 for extra napkins. Extra sauce? $1.99

Disappointed more than normal in Applebee's, granted it's not great food. But happy hour ya get half price apps so it's not the worst spot to have some beer.

Last time we went though they were charging $0.25 for extra napkins. Extra sauce? $1.99
$.25 for a napkin?????

Just start wiping your hands on whatever you can find at the bar and maybe that policy will change pretty quickly

giphy.gif

Of course not. Who knows, maybe 1 day but seems less likely now.
But at least, even tho I was young, I have an exceptional memory of the 1st time seeing the ocean and that feeling of insignificance in comparison.

Of course it got less and less with each visit but I never forgot the original.
Why will you not be able to see it?

I am still in awe of the ocean. Just how the waves never stop rolling in and how all the way to the horizon is water in basically three directions and that is only the beginning.
I love the ocean too, it is the biggest thing I miss about Florida. We went walking on the beach at sunset at least once or twice a week the whole time we lived there...😥

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back