Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really annoys me. Saw it big time in Nashville but even moreso in Charlotte (financial industry transplants). There's a palpable superiority complex among many of them when they're around people with local ties to the area/region. What really saddens me is almost never hearing a Southern accent in Charlotte. Wife and I do day trips around the area from time to time and it's shocking to hear actual Southerners in places like Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Boone, etc., because they're exceptionally rare in Charlotte. I feel like I hear more NY, Boston, or Midwest accents than Southern.
Boone is becoming a transplant town. Hipsters have took boone over.

It really annoys me. Saw it big time in Nashville but even moreso in Charlotte (financial industry transplants). There's a palpable superiority complex among many of them when they're around people with local ties to the area/region. What really saddens me is almost never hearing a Southern accent in Charlotte. Wife and I do day trips around the area from time to time and it's shocking to hear actual Southerners in places like Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Boone, etc., because they're exceptionally rare in Charlotte. I feel like I hear more NY, Boston, or Midwest accents than Southern.
It’s like we need to reconsider this whole air conditioning thing.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
U cant lose Grant, Admiral, Bone, Kyle, Turner, and expect to be really good the next year. Not sure why people dont get that. This year is frustrating after the last two but look ahead. Next year we add Keon, Springer, Walker, and Bailey. Plus probably a big man in the Spring. Next year TN is easily a top 15 team
Great post--- I saw a post the other day that wanted to know which football coach would get fired this year, after our first loss. Some of these wingnuts appear to have an IQ somewhere around 35. SMH

Frank should make everyone pass a test before they could post in here :cool::cool:

Mountains held them back for a bit but it's definitely changing.

View attachment 261961

I've lived in/around Memphis my entire life and always wanted to move to east tn because of the mountains and scenery, but it has definitely become quite crowded, so I'm moving to Montana (Flathead Lake area) in August. I can't wait to get there.

I've lived in/around Memphis my entire life and always wanted to move to east tn because of the mountains and scenery, but it has definitely become quite crowded, so I'm moving to Montana (Flathead Lake area) in August. I can't wait to get there.
Lived out in Eastern Montana for 10 years growing up. As I said earlier, you’ll have a string dislike for Californians before it’s all said and done.

Edit: Kalispell area is beautiful btw

If people don't like living in crowded areas, give Wyoming a look :eek::eek:

Lived out in Eastern Montana for 10 years growing up. As I said earlier, you’ll have a string dislike for Californians before it’s all said and done.

Edit: Kalispell area is beautiful btw

I'll be moving near Kalispell, Somers, Whitefish area. Don't know exactly where yet, still looking for the right spot. Hoping to buy at least 20 acres, but as much as 40 acres. Just gotta find the right property.

If people don't like living in crowded areas, give Wyoming a look :eek::eek:
I would genuinely be afraid in that much isolation. Grew up watching too many crime shows when I was 5 or 6 and am eternally afraid of house breakins 🤣 Especially way out in the country, like my grandparents lived. Feel so much safer in a secured building, off the ground floor, and with a deadbolt. Even if someone gets in our building unauthorized, they can't get in our 1 door. All windows are far off the ground. Unless someone is a ninja, they can't break in my place. It gives me zen-like peace.

If I ever get a standalone house, I will need no fewer than 2 direwolves.

I just got home from the store and I find my wife sitting outside with a beer and the kids are butt ass naked in the back yard running around a crazy sprinkler. What in tarnation is going on in this house on the Lords day?!?

Mark Richt has lost CONTROL of this house!
Your wife be like
giphy - 2020-02-16T163710.095.gif

Have always noticed it the same way and it gets on my nerves. Have a theory for some of it. Being older I grew up some in southwest Ohio and there were more southerners there than native midwestern because of all of the transplants coming up the hillbilly highway to find work in the factories after WW II and Korea. Some of us moved back south because with TVA and other regional economic development there was more career opportunities in an area we loved. Other second and third generation southerners stayed and adapted to the local environment - they lost the grace, respect and character. But when it came time as empty nesters, retirees, and employees/business owners seeing the economic booms in the south - here they came bringing the north with them. Because they came, other native northerners felt more comfortable moving down because the cost of living is so much lower, quality of life so good, and they could get more bang for their buck.

Hilton Head and Bluffton were nothing until Charles Fraser developed Sea Pines and invited all of Ohio and Michigan to buy there. Even in the late 80's when we first started spending spare time there the population was only 15-18,000 and Bluffton was half that size. You could enjoy time spent and conversations with about anybody. But over time the marketing and attraction from the north has taken it over like you describe. Paradise lost to chase the dollar. We still go, but have lowered our expectations. It saddens me that the move-ins who are attracted to the quality want to change it to what they just ran away from and make it worse.

Charlotte is about 10% wall street rejects at this point. WS found a way to outsource domestically.

Reactions: Aesius
Watching both men's and women's UT Bball this weekend... Anyone want to start a go-fund-me to get a Jr High coach to come in for both for a weekend clinic to teach passing/turnover drills and free throw shooting? We fix those two issues and we'd be rolling with both teams... :rolleyes: pathetic.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back