Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the pet owners, do you all leave your pets outside for an extended period of time? I believe some animals prefer to be outside, when I was growing up, our dogs stayed outside, so it was normal to me. As I've gotten older, the dogs stay in the house.
The reason i ask, is because on our neighborhood app, a neighbor made the comment that he leaves his dogs outside unless its extremely cold or rains, and they lit into his ass. I didnt see a problem, because they are his dogs and he says that they enjoy it. Some lady even said she was calling the people on him....
It's weird how it became taboo.

Question for the pet owners, do you all leave your pets outside for an extended period of time? I believe some animals prefer to be outside, when I was growing up, our dogs stayed outside, so it was normal to me. As I've gotten older, the dogs stay in the house.
The reason i ask, is because on our neighborhood app, a neighbor made the comment that he leaves his dogs outside unless its extremely cold or rains, and they lit into his ass. I didnt see a problem, because they are his dogs and he says that they enjoy it. Some lady even said she was calling the people on him....
Think it depends on the breed/dog. We have a lab that loves being inside for the most part. However, she still goes on "fun runs" and will stay gone for 3-6hrs even when it's freezing or pouring out. We also have a rescue that hates being inside unless it's extremely cold out. We've given up on making him come in and have place a dog box loaded with blankets on the porch.

Edit. Sorry for your loss @Smokeytom

Think it depends on the breed/dog. We have a lab that loves being inside for the most part. However, she still goes on "fun runs" and will stay gone for 3-6hrs even when it's freezing or pouring out. We also have a rescue that hates being inside unless it's extremely cold out. We've given up on making him come in and have place a dog box loaded with blankets on the porch.

Edit. Sorry for your loss @Smokeytom
In my neighborhood growing up everyone had dogs and most of them ran free all over and almost never went inside a house. It was great. Same could be said for all the kids in the neighborhood. Haha.

Made the decision today to allow surgery on my 14 year old chihuaha. Acts perfectly healthy but stopped eating for 2 days. Almost had her put down on Saturday but my daughter’s boyfriend had some Whataburger and she went after the fries. Now able to get the occasional chicken nugget down. Needs to close up a bad hernia and remove a small obstruction. Nerve wracking worrying about her making it through surgery but she’s my little princess and I can’t watch her starve to death if there’s a chance. Pray I’m making the right decision and lucky to have a wife that backs me.

Enough of me. Feeling for you. Vital part of your life to lose. Stay strong and comfort yourself that you were her good human and made her life better.
All the thoughts and prayers

Innocent until proven guilty. They should be allowed to continue their studies until the case is done.

All to often this happens and the girl gets to drag the guy / guys through the mud. Her name and face should be out in the media just like theirs.

Before everyone jumps me, if they are guilty and it is proven, then they should be castrated.
Not totally disagreeing with you but there’s no way you can compete with an accused athlete...has to be resolved. You win games or (egad) a championship with an eventually convicted rapist and you can’t walk that back. Gotta be one of the worst feelings in the world to be innocent of a crime but reduced to a pariah until exonerated...like AJ Johnson.

Innocent until proven guilty. They should be allowed to continue their studies until the case is done.

All to often this happens and the girl gets to drag the guy / guys through the mud. Her name and face should be out in the media just like theirs.

Before everyone jumps me, if they are guilty and it is proven, then they should be castrated.
Did they get dismissed from school or just the team? Also, how many legit cases go unreported because of the shame, guilt, trauma, fear or depression?

Not totally disagreeing with you but there’s no way you can compete with an accused athlete...has to be resolved. You win games or (egad) a championship with an eventually convicted rapist and you can’t walk that back. Gotta be one of the worst feelings in the world to be innocent of a crime but reduced to a pariah until exonerated...like AJ Johnson.
Or you could go the penn state, Baylor, Michigan state route.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

Had a dog and a cat growing up. They were outside pets unless it was really cold. Even then we only let our dog in the garage (had a big bed in there) and would only let the cat in if we could actually find her. Dog had a big yard to play in and cat just roamed wherever and came back to eat. That was kinda the norm when I was a kid. Now it seems like all pets are indoors only or only allowed outside very briefly.

As long as they're not chained and are fed and watered and brought in when the weather gets bad, there's nothing wrong with it, IMO.

In my neighborhood growing up everyone had dogs and most of them ran free all over and almost never went inside a house. It was great. Same could be said for all the kids in the neighborhood. Haha.
Same here. My neighbor has a pit that we have dubbed our porch puppy who's really sweet and loves our 5yr son. Another neighbor who has three labs and a Shepard that run free. Unfortunately we have a woman from FL who only come up for about 3-4 weeks out of the year and hates all of use and keeps accusing me of animal abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back