Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arkansas has not lost a game by double digits all year, was a projected 9 seed going into last night, and is a top 40 KenPom team. I am not sure how winning in the way we did can be considered anything but a step forward. We completely shut down their top scorer as well.

I thought their top scorer didn't play?

From JAV who is definitely an insider who posts on 247:

“Felton is a high energy guy, was a really good HS coach in GA. He recruited very well at UTC for that level and his players really responded. I watched alot of their practices under Tom Arth and Felton stood out with his energy and passion. He's one of those guys that will fit into any high energy culture and he loves to recruit. Is he an upgrade? As a recruiter, probably. As a coach? No way but he knows how to coach LBer's in our system and what Pruitt wants out of that group.

As for Brumbaugh, when a guy gets hired by Mark Stoops, Mel Tucker and Jeremy Pruitt, you know he's good. All 3 of those guys are elite defensive minds. I met him at East Mississippi Community College in Scooba, MS. He is a very good teacher of technique and doesn't mind getting right with his group when it is warranted. He has a ton of contacts all over the south and knows how the Junior College game is played, especially in MS where they are loaded with NFL talent every year. He will recruit his area well and be better than average as a position coach.

Nieds to backers is really a natural position for him and he will get to spend alot of time with Pruitt and DA, which has been Pruitt's plan for awhile.

Osovet will shine IMO and TE's will have boosted production under him. There will be a marked difference in how we use the TE next year. There is talent there and I expect it to bloom. Joe O could coach just about any position on offense IMO.

Chip Long is a guy you add because he's got a cheap price tag and alot to offer, especially from knowing an RPO offensive philosophy. Pretty much a no brainer.

Weinke is still very much up in the air as far as I know, Rumph gets to be home now by 6 every night and Rocker was moving on one way or the other.

Pruitt is hard to work for because he works long hours and is recruiting all day every day. He expects the same from his staff. That pretty much describes 95% of every college football program. There is ridiculous turnover because young guys are trying to move up and old guys are looking for the best situation for best return in ratio to years left.

Continuity is a thing of the past because college football means life changing money for everyone involved at the coaching level. Everyone is looking to move into a better position. It is also easier to move between the college game and the NFL now as they are all running the same stuff and terminology is very similar. There is no spread vs pro style anymore. All of it is the same to some degree. In the past there were distinct differences, especially offensively. Those differences are very small nuances now.

The best take away from this is that Pruitt had his list of replacements and got exactly who he wanted long before all of this came down. He's grown alot as a CEO and he learns quickly. He was far from ready in his FSU, UGA days and really raw even when we hired him. He is night and day from then to now. He wants to be great, not just good, and he's surrounded himself with people who are alot like him in work ethic and desire to be great at what they do. I'll be shocked if we see anything resembling what we saw to begin the season last year. We aren't "back" but we are off to a really good start.”

giphy.gif

sooooo are we worried about Mel Tucker taking back his DL coach? The one that we hired that people were unhappy with.

Nah, Jimmy B wants to be in the SEC. I also think he'll stick for awhile unless a DC job comes calling. After we win the East next year the staff will all get fat raises!

So I figure Bryce & Taylor start at CB. Shamburger as the STAR or whatever that 3rd CB is called

The real competition in my opinion is at the two safety spots. I felt Theo started playing really well at the end of the year though, but with Tank, Flowers (hopefully returning healthy), Lawrence, Fields, etc. all chomping at the bit there could be a lotta options.

Think George, Burrell, Solomon will be CBs in the 2 deep. Not sure if Slaughter or McDonald get much PT. Be nice to RS both of them honestly.
What about Gibbs?

Rotation of safety and corner as needed and match-ups dictate. I could easily see him as Warrior's replacement if they want that to happen. He reminds me of a more physical Deon Grant type S. He would be better than Shamburger at the star. The ship has sailed on WR.
I think this makes a lot of sense.

I was worried when Tucker emerged as a candidate here because of how often he moved around.

1 year at Miami OH
1 year at LSU
4 years at OSU
4 years at the Browns
4 years at Jacksonville
2 years at Bears
1 year at Bama
3 years at Georgia
1 year at Colorado

He's from Ohio though, and played at Wisconsin...so maybe he sticks at MSU for a bit longer. Personally hope he does well there and is a huge thorn in OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, & Penn State's side.

Reactions: Glocker_Alum_2005
HC's in college aren't on the road as much as the position coaches.

they are on the road recruiting more than OC"s or HC's in the NFL. lol so yeah.

he interviewed twice for the Panthers' job before Rhule got it. and i think had Rhule not panned out, EB would have gotten the job here.

so i do think it's a matter of time for him in the NFL, and i'd stay put.
Agreed. If he took the job it was just be because CU is his alma mater. Falcons next HC, IMO.

I would wish that pox on programs I hate, but I hope the Buffs get a good coach after being betrayed like this. On the other hand...they could have ponied up and made a good enough offer to keep him there, but on the other other hand...why would anybody with any sense pay a guy like him that kind of money..🤷‍♂️
I guess they could always go back to hiring ruthless coaches and recruit LA gang members. I remember those teams and some of the guys they had on those teams. It was so bad that their head coach turned to religion when his time was up at Colorado. I think it was McCarthy or something like that. They had thugs everywhere :):)

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back