Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
this situation at CO is exactly why there should be some clause or rule about the ability to transfer w/out penalty. i don't think you should be able to do it willy nilly.

but what that class that just signed last week is going thru.....that sucks. they have no option except to stay and hope they get a coach they can play for...or see if they can do the transfer portal and get a waiver hopefully.

200.gif
I can't say anything...I am an embarrassment...😒

From JAV who is definitely an insider who posts on 247:

“Felton is a high energy guy, was a really good HS coach in GA. He recruited very well at UTC for that level and his players really responded. I watched alot of their practices under Tom Arth and Felton stood out with his energy and passion. He's one of those guys that will fit into any high energy culture and he loves to recruit. Is he an upgrade? As a recruiter, probably. As a coach? No way but he knows how to coach LBer's in our system and what Pruitt wants out of that group.

As for Brumbaugh, when a guy gets hired by Mark Stoops, Mel Tucker and Jeremy Pruitt, you know he's good. All 3 of those guys are elite defensive minds. I met him at East Mississippi Community College in Scooba, MS. He is a very good teacher of technique and doesn't mind getting right with his group when it is warranted. He has a ton of contacts all over the south and knows how the Junior College game is played, especially in MS where they are loaded with NFL talent every year. He will recruit his area well and be better than average as a position coach.

Nieds to backers is really a natural position for him and he will get to spend alot of time with Pruitt and DA, which has been Pruitt's plan for awhile.

Osovet will shine IMO and TE's will have boosted production under him. There will be a marked difference in how we use the TE next year. There is talent there and I expect it to bloom. Joe O could coach just about any position on offense IMO.

Chip Long is a guy you add because he's got a cheap price tag and alot to offer, especially from knowing an RPO offensive philosophy. Pretty much a no brainer.

Weinke is still very much up in the air as far as I know, Rumph gets to be home now by 6 every night and Rocker was moving on one way or the other.

Pruitt is hard to work for because he works long hours and is recruiting all day every day. He expects the same from his staff. That pretty much describes 95% of every college football program. There is ridiculous turnover because young guys are trying to move up and old guys are looking for the best situation for best return in ratio to years left.

Continuity is a thing of the past because college football means life changing money for everyone involved at the coaching level. Everyone is looking to move into a better position. It is also easier to move between the college game and the NFL now as they are all running the same stuff and terminology is very similar. There is no spread vs pro style anymore. All of it is the same to some degree. In the past there were distinct differences, especially offensively. Those differences are very small nuances now.

The best take away from this is that Pruitt had his list of replacements and got exactly who he wanted long before all of this came down. He's grown alot as a CEO and he learns quickly. He was far from ready in his FSU, UGA days and really raw even when we hired him. He is night and day from then to now. He wants to be great, not just good, and he's surrounded himself with people who are alot like him in work ethic and desire to be great at what they do. I'll be shocked if we see anything resembling what we saw to begin the season last year. We aren't "back" but we are off to a really good start.”
I would have never guessed that Pruitt was hard to work for. He seems so warm and fuzzy.
trump2.gif

This kind of movement just increases the eventual adoption of a "free to transfer at any time" rule for the athletes. I don't like it, but if the coaches can do this why shouldn't the players have the same right. Tampering will become rampant. Kid at UT sees he's not going to be starting or getting much PT, why not pack his bags and go to Vanderbilt or Memphis in mid-season. Would be most likely for defensive players or OL in a zone blocking scheme. Guys like Kiffen will go wild.
And CFB will be destroyed...just like that.

It’s Arkansas.
Who's currently a possible tourney team. I thought we made some nice adjustments with tempo, we looked to push the ball more and once the secondary break fell apart, set the offense and worked clock. We had excellent ball movement, and of course the defense was lockdown most of the game.

I can't tell if I'm a fkn homer or not but I swear I really really really like our 2020 class. I mean, almost all the lowly rated guys I feel like were underrated. I feel like literally all of them will be contributors, and I feel like many of them get a legit shot at the NFL.

When I look at the list, I can't decide which one I like the most as an 'underrated sleeper.' I can make a case for Holiday, Spraggins, Slaughter, and Perry.

I think Beckwith far outplays his "three star" ranking.

I think Small probably never has more than 500 yards combined receiving/rushing in an individual season - but he spends all four years here getting touches.

The only one I really don't have much of an opinion on is Tee Hodge, and that is largely because of his injury history.

It’s a really good class top to bottom. Potential hit rate has high potential.Pass game could be deadly in future. OL continues to add mean dudes. Would love to find a way to get a OLb transfer

Who's currently a possible tourney team. I thought we made some nice adjustments with tempo, we looked to push the ball more and once the secondary break fell apart, set the offense and worked clock. We had excellent ball movement, and of course the defense was lockdown most of the game.

I don't think Arky is even close to a tourney team are they?

yeah, and i know we were favored to win, but ARK is still,what 2 games ahead of us in the SEC?

and it was as close to "must win" as it kinda gets at this point.....and they went out and played the best game they've played since probably early December....

and you just can't say enough about how well Vescovi has been adjusting. he's getting better and better.

if nothing else, that game last night had to be a big confidence boost given what our schedule looks like the rest of the way.

may be a case of too little too late when it comes to selection time....but i see improvement, i like the effort they play with, and the defense has been consistently good all year.

get an influx of talent, some more devleopment for the returning players, and hold serve on the defensive end, and i think next year has the makings of a fantastic season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back