Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s had a pretty good game. He’s got to readjust his game, primarily because it’s a new team. Before this year he complemented the inside-out game perfectly. We don’t have that (unfortunately) this year, and he’s having to learn to create. He’s doing better tonight with slashing and mid range game. That will open 3 game back up.

A big reason he had a good game was because he took 7 threes instead of 15, imo.

Basketball has basically been my game that I have played for 35 years. The NBA is not true basketball. They are incredibly skilled, but defense is certainly not the priority.

I will give it that it is great entertainment, and I have interest in watching the Grizzlies play. I also agree that the college product right now stinks, and the officiating has a lot to do with it.

I would say the current crop of stars on great teams over the past few years have been as good defensively as the NBA has ever had

Kawhi is an excellent defender
The warriors are an excellent defensive team. All of the big 4 were very good defenders.
Lebron has been a great defender over his career
Anthony Davis is a great defender
R Westbrook is a defender and works as hard as any player I’ve ever seen on the floor. Unbelievable effort

The reasons you don’t see coaches scheming things away as much is because the players are too good. Too experienced. Too knowledgeable about where to go with the ball. Not because it’s streetball

You don’t have to like it. Each their own. But to call it street ball means you’re stupid or just don’t know the sport.

IMO

I would say the current crop of stars on great teams over the past few years have been as good defensively as the NBA has ever had

The warriors are an excellent defensive team. All of the big 4 were very good defenders.
R Westbrook is a defender and works as hard as any player I’ve ever seen on the floor. Unbelievable effort

The reasons you don’t see coaches scheming things away as much is because the players are too good. Too experienced. Too knowledgeable about where to go with the ball. Not because it’s streetball

You don’t have to like it. Each their own. But to call it street ball means you’re stupid or just don’t know the sport.

IMO
I have really gotten into watching NBA the past few years. Don’t really have a favorite team. I watch everything. Of course I try to watch teams with Vols so Celtics/Sixers

IMO

I know you were probably responding to multiple posts, but I never called it street ball. I just said it wasn’t true basketball. It’s not what you teach your kids, and I don’t think many would debate that.

Harden and Westbrook have both won MVP’s recently. One plays no defense, and the other has had times where he doesn’t play good defense. Westbrook has never made an all defensive team, and he struggled some years with OKC.

Brad Stevens came into the league and schemed up his team. They didn’t have the all stars they do know, and obviously, you need some all star type talent to win it all.

I also said it’s entertaining. I didn’t say I didn’t like all of it. But that’s what it is, and the NBA is mostly going to make sure that a big market team or superstar will play for the title. It’s about dollars and cents, and great defensive games don’t make the dollars.

Reactions: SCvol333

IMO

Do you really think you win your argument by saying "you're stupid or just don't know the sport?" Hint: You don't.

Reactions: butchna
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back