Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my thoughts:

Drew Hughes must not have a very high IQ

Rumph and Rocker are excellent position coaches. Rocker's work with the DL especially was something to see. However, both weren't very good recruiters. Rumph was mediocre and Rocker was absolutely terrible as a recruiter.

The guys that we have hired are most likely good coaches, or Pruitt would not have hired them. They are unproven at a program like TN though, especially Felton. Now, they may turn out to be great hires. In fact, they probably will. I doubt they'll be worse recruiters than the guys who just moved on. But we need to hope that the DL coach is a good one because he has big shoes to fill as a teacher.

But, we had the opportunity with the money to get whoever we wanted. Maybe that's exactly what Pruitt did. However, Pruitt made a mistake in hiring Tyson Helton. He corrected that mistake with Jim Chaney. We had the opportunity to hire a Chaney or Jay type hire for these positions. We didn't do that though. But perhaps these are the guys Pruitt wanted, and if that's the case, then he has a good reason. So I'm sure that everything will be fine with them. I'm not saying they're bad hires. I'm just saying that we don't know yet. It's a wait and see.

But go ahead and crucify me guys. It's fine.
Well said Bass. Exactly how I feel. Pruitt’s job is on the line with coaching hires and he is going to hire who he believes will help him win the most games. We just hope they are rockstars because we want Pruitt to succeed and bring our Vols back

Is it fair to compare resumes when Rocker has a decade+ more experience though?

Jimmy B's only been at it 15 years
As coach:
Tracy Rocker's first 15 years
As coach:

I mean to me LSU, Syracuse, Kentucky, Maryland and Colorado stack up better than West Alabama, Troy State, Cincinnati and Arkansas.... I also like that Jimmy's worked in a few areas too even was a Co-DC at Colorado.

Jimmy B can’t hold a job for more than 2/3 years. Can’t trust him.

Here are my thoughts:

Drew Hughes must not have a very high IQ

Rumph and Rocker are excellent position coaches. Rocker's work with the DL especially was something to see. However, both weren't very good recruiters. Rumph was mediocre and Rocker was absolutely terrible as a recruiter.

The guys that we have hired are most likely good coaches, or Pruitt would not have hired them. They are unproven at a program like TN though, especially Felton. Now, they may turn out to be great hires. In fact, they probably will. I doubt they'll be worse recruiters than the guys who just moved on. But we need to hope that the DL coach is a good one because he has big shoes to fill as a teacher.

But, we had the opportunity with the money to get whoever we wanted. Maybe that's exactly what Pruitt did. However, Pruitt made a mistake in hiring Tyson Helton. He corrected that mistake with Jim Chaney. We had the opportunity to hire a Chaney or Jay type hire for these positions. We didn't do that though. But perhaps these are the guys Pruitt wanted, and if that's the case, then he has a good reason. So I'm sure that everything will be fine with them. I'm not saying they're bad hires. I'm just saying that we don't know yet. It's a wait and see.

But go ahead and crucify me guys. It's fine.
Maybe the thought process is he wants recruiters that will bring in top talent. He thinks they can coach. If they can't he will be in a position to get the best coaches to replace them because of the top talent they brought in.

Amazon....smh

"Free 2 day shipping" (tiny print) when it ships

:|

Ordered something on the 5th, still hadn't "shipped" and was listed as arriving the 29th!

Is it fair to compare resumes when Rocker has a decade+ more experience though?

Jimmy B's only been at it 15 years
As coach:
Tracy Rocker's first 15 years
As coach:

I mean to me LSU, Syracuse, Kentucky, Maryland and Colorado stack up better than West Alabama, Troy State, Cincinnati and Arkansas.... I also like that Jimmy's worked in a few areas too even was a Co-DC at Colorado.
Co-DC with Mel? That's big. Maybe Pruitt sees him as a replacement for Ansley if Ansley has HC aspirations. Never too early to start grooming him. Mel runs a similar system as Pruitt so he's already gained plenty of good knowledge.

Hire is looking better and better!

I've mellowed out some. At least for this forum. So I really am sorry. Check me in the Zone or the PF and you won't get any apologies, lol. It takes some serious dumb to actually piss me off anymore.
My exact assessment of you. Worried me for a sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back