Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. The more I've read about the DL coach the more excited I get. I think we've got a real good up and comer here. The fact that Tucker was about to bump his pay to 450k at Colorado, the fact that he's worked with Ansley, the fact that he's developed some dudes in the past has me excited about his potential. With Felton, it's just like Nieds. We just don't know. What we do know, is that we have to recruit better at that position and I believe he'll be a better recruiter than Rumph. I hope he is anyway.

Yeah, I'd add, the positive about Felton is that Pruitt already knows exactly what he's getting.

The OC search proved he doesn't rush hires, just for the time's sake haha

TBH, knowing the money we have, I was expecting a big upgrade at DL coach. I was expecting a guy like Davis who is known to be a recruiter and an excellent coach. This doesn’t feel like that at all. This is a guy that we got and probably didn’t have to spend much money to get. Is he a good coach? Idk. Doesn’t have high level experience. Is he a great recruiter? No idea. This isn’t like the Jay hire at all. Don’t know what to think here
He clearly was identified some time ago. Trust in the Pruitt.

Here are my thoughts:

Drew Hughes must not have a very high IQ

Rumph and Rocker are excellent position coaches. Rocker's work with the DL especially was something to see. However, both weren't very good recruiters. Rumph was mediocre and Rocker was absolutely terrible as a recruiter.

The guys that we have hired are most likely good coaches, or Pruitt would not have hired them. They are unproven at a program like TN though, especially Felton. Now, they may turn out to be great hires. In fact, they probably will. I doubt they'll be worse recruiters than the guys who just moved on. But we need to hope that the DL coach is a good one because he has big shoes to fill as a teacher.

But, we had the opportunity, with the money to get whoever we wanted. Maybe that's exactly what Pruitt did. However, Pruitt made a mistake in hiring Tyson Helton. He corrected that mistake with Jim Chaney. We had the opportunity to hire a Chaney or Jay type hire for these positions. We didn't do that though. But perhaps these are the guys Pruitt wanted, and if that's the case, then he has a good reason. So I'm sure that everything will be fine with them. I'm not saying they're bad hires. I'm just saying that we don't know yet. It's a wait and see.

But go ahead and crucify me guys. It's fine.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't disagree with you at all. I just have a lot of confidence in Pruitt's competitive nature; but I totally understand the desire to have proven upgrades.

I agree with this. The more I've read about the DL coach the more excited I get. I think we've got a real good up and comer here. The fact that Tucker was about to bump his pay to 450k at Colorado, the fact that he's worked with Ansley, the fact that he's developed some dudes in the past has me excited about his potential. With Felton, it's just like Nieds. We just don't know. What we do know, is that we have to recruit better at that position and I believe he'll be a better recruiter than Rumph. I hope he is anyway.
Some one has to snatch up all that Georgia talent that KS is ignoring.

WOW, Rocker to South Carolina as well.

This is why I try to not laugh too hard when others see an exodus...because I know our time will come too. Goodness this feels like a lot of turnover, from on field to support/admin. Didn't mind the NFL jumps...but usce?

All we are saying is the two guys they are bringing in aren’t as experienced in this league. I get the “They will come in here with the right attitude, etc etc, buttttttttttttt again no experience.

Yes everyone can point at Brumbaugh being at LSU, Maryland, etc, but let’s be real for a second, He was the strength coach at LSU, and let’s not pretend like it’s hard to make LA Tech and Maryland better.

Felton, he doesn’t have experience in bigger leagues, besides being a quality control analyst here and coaching a few high school kids that were good.

Again, I get they can come in here and kill it, and I hope they do and make me eat crow, I want them to do well and kill it but we are turning the ship around and honestly we don’t have time for unproven coaches.

Go ahead and everyone flame away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back