Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some quick hits on Brumbaugh:

-developed a pair of draft picks at UK in 2015.
-4 all-sec honors on the d-line in his 3 years there.
-helped improve syracuse defense from 81st to 17th nationally in scoring defense, and from 37th to seventh in total defense
-at LA tech he took over a defensive front that ranked 46th nationally against the rush in 2007 and moved that ranking to 13th at the conclusion of 2008.

no idea what his recruiting is like, but i think his coaching / development chops are going to be fine.

-helped improve syracuse defense from 81st to 17th nationally in scoring defense, and from 37th to seventh in total defense
-at LA tech he took over a defensive front that ranked 46th nationally against the rush in 2007 and moved that ranking to 13th at the conclusion of 2008.

no idea what his recruiting is like, but i think his coaching / development chops are going to be fine.

and has ties about everywhere in the south. I think its gonna turn out just fine for the Vols.

Just want to add that Brumbaugh isn’t much of a recruiter, but more of a teacher, like Rocker. (Or he hasn’t recruited much lately, couldn’t find anything recruiting wise from 247)

Apparently he’s got deep ties in Florida HS and Mississippi JUCO. I’ll take some DL from those places.

lmao I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning coaches that have no track record to hang their hats on. Pruitt has been great, and I'll support his decisions, but let's not act like he's infallible. Hiring coaches with better reputations would have made everyone more comfortable, but Pruitt has decided to take a risk. We'll see if it pays off.

I think Felton is the "coach O" that got away a bit. Pruitt is taking in off field guys who legit can/will be on-the field positional coaches. Felton just took that Akron opportunity or he'd likely be in a position to just get elevated.

Not sure I blame him...not sure Pruitt or Felton either expected Sherrer AND Rumph to be leaving this soon.

From all the previous reports did you really believe there wouldn't be some turnover on the defensive side?

Some turnover is expected and Fine but when a large portion of the defensive side of the ball(a side of the ball that showed great strides) is gone that’s not good imo.

lmao I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning coaches that have no track record to hang their hats on. Pruitt has been great, and I'll support his decisions, but let's not act like he's infallible. Hiring coaches with better reputations would have made everyone more comfortable, but Pruitt has decided to take a risk. We'll see if it pays off.

lets also not just assume these guys are garbage simply bc ppl dont know their names which is the case here for some.

Pruitt knows what hes doing.

Would you look at that. Facts making this look like a good hire already.

BUT WE DIDNT KNOW HIS NAME!! 😂

It's funny I feel like I'm the only one who likes these hires, they're not big name splashes, but one was wanted by Mel Tucker and is a replacement for a guy we were essentially demoting that jumped ship, and the other is an up and comer with recruiting ties in Georgia and has worked in our program before so Pruitt knows what he's getting and most likely knows what he's doing

Sounds like Rumph could be on his way out too.

Rocker to USCe does suck though because Muschamp is a great evaluator of defensive line talent and Rocker has proven he can coach them up.

Panicking would be silly but I think we would all have preferred if he didn’t go to a team we play every year.
But is there any doubt that staff is gone in a year?

Rocker saw one last paycheck on the road to retirement

It's funny I feel like I'm the only one who likes these hires, they're not big name splashes, but one was wanted by Mel Tucker and is a replacement for a guy we were essentially demoting that jumped ship, and the other is an up and comer with recruiting ties in Georgia and has worked in our program before so Pruitt knows what he's getting and most likely knows what he's doing
same

Reactions: VOLSONLY
You’re going to doubt Pruitt? Hasn’t he proven himself in just about every way possible? You think he would have hired this guy if he wasn’t going to be good hire?
Here come the thought police. Most people are happy to see Rocker and Rumph go because they didn’t give the appropriate effort in recruiting. Some want to see Weinke gone as well. Who hired those people? Pruitt. If you’re happy to see them gone, that means you thought Pruitt made a mistake in hiring them. Therefore, it’s reasonable to voice concerns about Pruitt potentially hiring someone like Felton who has never been a position coach in a power 5 conference. It’s not like Bass is burning the place down over this, just expressing a little disappointment that we aren’t hiring someone more proven.

lets also not just assume these guys are garbage simply bc ppl dont know their names which is the case here for some.

Pruitt knows what hes doing.
I didn't say they are garbage, but they are risky hires when compared to guys with established reputations. And I also said I'll ride with whatever Pruitt decides.

Reactions: SmokinBob
It's funny to me that out of all the coaches we thought would be on the move that Weinke looks like the one who will remain on this staff moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back