Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, knowing the money we have, I was expecting a big upgrade at DL coach. I was expecting a guy like Davis who is known to be a recruiter and an excellent coach. This doesn’t feel like that at all. This is a guy that we got and probably didn’t have to spend much money to get. Is he a good coach? Idk. Doesn’t have high level experience. Is he a great recruiter? No idea. This isn’t like the Jay hire at all. Don’t know what to think here
Yeah, not getting the warm fuzzies here. Maybe they'll be fine, but certainly not instantly excitable hires. I would have thought we could do better. Actually disappointed Rocker left. Was hoping for that move to an off-field position just so we didn't lose that teaching. No idea what to expect from this Colorado guy.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
AP says Felton will be the guy at OLB. I have to say guys, I don’t feel as good about this as I did an hour ago
Come on, Bass. I understand, but how did you feel about Neids when he first came here? These guys could be beasts, but just need opportunities. I guarantee you the opportunities at UT are much more attractive now than they have been for a while.

giphy.gif

Come on, Bass. I understand, but how did you feel about Neids when he first came here? These guys could be beasts, but just need opportunities. I guarantee you the opportunities at UT are much more attractive now than they have been for a while.

Nieds was around and involved with big programs
Felton has not

some ppl just want to freak out about something. I like Bass but its not really warranted here at all lol.

TBH, knowing the money we have, I was expecting a big upgrade at DL coach. I was expecting a guy like Davis who is known to be a recruiter and an excellent coach. This doesn’t feel like that at all. This is a guy that we got and probably didn’t have to spend much money to get. Is he a good coach? Idk. Doesn’t have high level experience. Is he a great recruiter? No idea. This isn’t like the Jay hire at all. Don’t know what to think here
You’re going to doubt Pruitt? Hasn’t he proven himself in just about every way possible? You think he would have hired this guy if he wasn’t going to be good hire?

Jimmy B come on down. I'll take a former ALL SEC DL from Florida who played at Auburn then got a Natty ring on his finger from LSU who has been under some top level Defensive minds at the coordinator role.

I mean even the one year at Colorado his HC was Mel Tucker. What I really like about the hire is the dude is young (43) and hungry. I'll say similar things if/when they hire Felton too as he's just 39. Pruitt is looking for staff members that got fire and want to prove something. A staff with a chip on it's shoulder learning under arguably some of the best offensive & defensive minds in the country isn't a bad thing to have at all.

You’re going to doubt Pruitt? Hasn’t he proven himself in just about every way possible? You think he would have hired this guy if he wasn’t going to be good hire?
I'm pretty sure CJP is not interested in taking any steps back. How long has it been since he has been in a program ready to compete for championships. You think he is settling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back