Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Ki Jana Carter going first overall to Cincinnati. Everyone thought he was an absolute cant miss. Gonna join Emmitt and Barry as league rushing leaders every year. Nope.

Big Dan Wilkerson too. Can’t miss. Meh.

So many talented players just got wasted in Cincinnati. Like getting drafted by them was the death of any potential they had.

Sadly, I can attest to all of the above. Having moved to 'nati over 28 years ago, shortly after their Super Bowl run, i've seen this organization go down the toilet under Mike Brown's leadership.

Paul Brown was a football genius and is credited with a lot of the early formation and development of the game. However, his son Mike is only concerned about netting out money and the organization is a skeleton compared to most NFL franchises.

Anyway, I've never purchased anything Bengals related. Sad situation and feel bad for Joe Burreaux.

Go Titans!

Last edited:
I remember Ki Jana Carter going first overall to Cincinnati. Everyone thought he was an absolute cant miss. Gonna join Emmitt and Barry as league rushing leaders every year. Nope.

Big Dan Wilkerson too. Can’t miss. Meh.

So many talented players just got wasted in Cincinnati. Like getting drafted by them was the death of any potential they had.

HITR, why do you have so much interest in the Bengals organization?

Feeling bad for JB's future?

Anyone else super lukewarm on Venus Jones? I’m just feeling he’s a 12 catch, average returner player that we didn’t need.

Ima sit back and listen. Come at me @Ulysees E. McGill
Yea. Maybe he was a pre-backup plan in case we didn't close out NSD with multiple passcatching studs...well we did and now we have extra sauce. Better than no sauce at all.

Last edited:
HITR, why do you have so much interest in the Bengals organization?

Feeling bad for JB's future?

It was all born from seeing Peter Warrick Jr heading to FAU. Made me think of his dad going to the Bengals and how bad they were. Guess they still are but not at the same level. At least they got out of it for a few years under Marvin Lewis.

I used to love the NFL in the 90’s to the early 2010’s. Now I barely watch it or keep up with it, outside of watching a few games with my sons each year.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Sadly, I can attest to all of the above. Having moved to 'nati over 28 years ago, shortly after their Super Bowl run, i've seen this organization go down the toilet under Mike Brown's leadership.

Paul Brown was a football genius and is credited with a lot of the early formation and development of the game. However, his son Mike is only concerned about netting out money and the organization is a skeleton of most NFL franchises.

Anyway, I've never purchased anything Bengals related. Sad situation and feel bad for Joe Burreaux.

Go Titans!
Just tell me you haven't fallen for that cinnamon-laden abomination they call Chili up there.

Dat first play of the season doe

Yea pull up Auburn in ‘18 or any other number of games. Ty has exceptional hands and needs on the field. I’ll deal with a fumble every once in awhile. He doesn’t have the vision to see holes like I thought he would.

Completely unrelated to anything but Peter Warricks son committed to FAU.

I remember PW being so good in college but knew his career was over before it began when he was drafted by the Bengals. Great players went there to die out of college.

Look at this ... Bengals had the first and fourth pick in the draft. Tanncolor meant they were pro bowlers. Piss color meant Hall of Famer

View attachment 260055
Dyslexia wins again! That's the Browns with the first pick!

I'm going to act like I caught that the first time...

Last edited:
Yea pull up Auburn in ‘18 or any other number of games. Ty has exceptional hands and needs on the field. I’ll deal with a fumble every once in awhile. He doesn’t have the vision to see holes like I thought he would.

Definitely TWSS

Reactions: SoilVol
Just tell me you haven't fallen for that cinnamon-laden abomination they call Chili up there.

not really.

when we first came here looking for a place to live i consumed the '3-way' from Skyline Chili and got sick later that day so...

i just never quite acquired the taste for it.

Reactions: MrVolton
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back