Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how I want my HMFBC to talk. One of the biggest issues I had with Butch was his defeatist attitude and always trying to lower expectations.....and it showed on the field.
Dooley tried that ā€œwonā€™t have Tennessee to kick aroundā€ line tho.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Yeah what the absolute F!? Can someone find out what the surgery was for and why he needed it?
Quavaris Crouch had shoulder surgery,ā€ Pruitt said before Thursday eveningā€™s Nashville-area recruiting celebration, ā€œand again, itā€™s something that we just felt like it was better to go ahead and fix right now, the doctors did. Heā€™ll be back and ready to go this summer

ONpB9Qw1CQo1rO0MEiC6iT8GIENDON.gif

You're right can't keep them in a bubble.
They have to perform bursts of real extreme violence every play of every game and practice...I think I understand the concept here. Football is a very violent sport, and if you can not handle playing tug of war with a giant doggy chew toy...I don't think you have any chance at all of lasting very long playing the game. I think Nick is projecting his playing around workouts to get in good physical shape onto preparing to play one of the most violent sports in the world with huge, strong and fast world class athletes..

Love ya Nick...but come on man..

Reactions: volsagain
Everyone loved Butchā€™s ā€œCircle of Lifeā€ before suddenly deciding it caused all of our injuries.
Funny that it had been a UT tradition under another name for as long as I could remember, and nobody ever whined about it...ever...Fulmer and Majors called it "Bull in the Ring" or something like that..

It didn't cause the injuries, being a bunch of outta shape soft big guys playing at football did.

Last edited:
Everyone loved Butchā€™s ā€œCircle of Lifeā€ before suddenly deciding it caused all of our injuries.
Had hope with butch but after all the crazy practice stuff, I finally saw that he was a idiot. And yes there's things that all coaches do that makes you scratch your head.

They have to perform bursts of real extreme violence every play of every game and practice...I think I understand the concept here. Football is a very violent sport, and if you can not handle playing tug of war with a giant doggy chew toy...I don't think you have any chance at all of lasting very long playing the game. I think Nick is projecting his playing around workouts to get in good physical shape onto preparing to play one of the most violent sports in the world with huge, strong and fast world class athletes..

Last word, because Iā€™m not up for the debate. Iā€™ll summon @BruinVol to carry on šŸ¤£

There is a risk to benefit ratio for everything. An activity with a direct sport specific carryover such as a full contact practice I would argue there are considerable benefits with marginal risks.

With the ring, there is no specific performance carry over (not a football movement) just a ā€œToughnessā€ benefit. I would argue the explosive, violent movements with rapid change of direction are exponentially more risky for joint, ligament and tendon injuries. Therefore, I dislike the risk benefit ratio in this drill.

My opinion. It doesnā€™t matter since I am not their strength coach so we can move on, but at least you have my rationale

Heck everybody loves Nick.

Reactions: GoBears
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back