Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every play is already an rpo for the most part for almost every college team. Coach O has been innovative with the 2nd & 3rd level rpos, but they require disciple from the oline.
Curious how much effect he will actually have on Chaney now as a TE coach vs before as an analyst. Jmo but until he is handed something like PGC title or full-on OC, we may not see his full abilities to scheme.

Reactions: OrangenSC
This whole paying college players argument is silly to me. They are already getting paid. And I'm not talking about in scholarships room and board etc. I'm talking bag men. It's just an argument over whether to make it above board, transparent and regulated or to keep pretending it doesn't happen when this argument is brought up, but accuse other schools of outbidding us when we miss on a recruit. Either way is fine with me. There are positives and negatives in both arguments. Nb4 someone insults me for my perfectly reasonable point. That's dumb blah blah blah. @ me.

Meh. Not a fan of them not even being able to earn a living, or the insane profit being made off of them.
But too many people acting like they're real victims also. Good grief, they play a game...well, most play, some don't even do that. Several of us played, kids been playing without structured pay for decade upon decade. But now that they get meals and stipends, now it's a tragedy?

My bottom line:
If I'm going to spend time and truly champion a cause for folks being wronged, this particularly "wrong" wouldn't make my top 25.

Using the knee as a "shock" technique will backfire and overshadow the message they are trying to convey. That has always been PETA's problem, too political. I love animals. More than humans in most cases, but I also eat animals(not pork but chicken, beef, fish etc). I have nothing against hunting either, as long as you harvest and eat what you kill. Those a-holes that trophy hunt in Africa need to be gored. That's my 2 centavos.
Yup. They are on the right side of things imo...but are poor when it comes to making a populist message and instead isolate themselves. It's not hard to make a message against something like factory farming or game hunting and it could resonate with a wide audience, but instead they go divisive and lose people.

Reactions: bignewt and Sleegro
Yup. They are on the right side of things imo...but are poor when it comes to making a populist message and instead isolate themselves. It's not hard to make a message against something like factory farming or game hunting and it could resonate with a wide audience, but instead they go divisive and lose people.
You could say that about both sides of almost every issue.

Reactions: SoilVol
Exactly.

Make college free for everyone?

Degrees won’t be worth the paper they’re printed on.
And? It is a public good.

Shall we repeal free public high school in order to raise the value of a HS education?

Some very backward thinking.

If anything, it should force more students to go after more valuable degrees and advanced degrees.

Yeah, it's unfortunate because the program truly does have potential. But unless they can stem the corruption, and more importantly, Asia's demand, it's just not gonna work.

Even the governments. There's 3 countries claiming populations that when combined, far exceed the total population for the entire region. 🤦‍♂️ You'd think that would be questioned a little more.
That can kinda be explained away by migratory herds that pass through all three. So, it wouldn't be accumulative numbers but three different counts of one or two herds in addition to numbers of resident animals.

Reactions: chargervol
You could say that about both sides of almost every issue.
Yup. And I'm not arguing for widespread populism, middle-of-the-road takes. But PETA is still seen as being so far to one side, it would do them well to make million dollar SB commercials that are at least more accessible.

They are in a unique spot, in that many people don't have an opinion "in the middle" on their issues. They could increase mental market share there if smart.

Reactions: bignewt
Not sure if serious or facetious. But a simple thought - have coaches' salaries been skyrocketing over the last 20+ years in despite of there not being enough money or is it because that much money has been flooding in? Any argument that there's just not enough money has to be a joke.
Paying college kids is bad, but let's pay coaches $10 million per year

That can kinda be explained away by migratory herds that pass through all three. So, it wouldn't be accumulative numbers but three different counts of one or two herds in addition to numbers of resident animals.

That's what I'm saying. They didn't used to count that way, it was the country the herd spent the majority time in.
There's a reason they're counting migrating now, to skew numbers.

Reactions: SoilVol and Sleegro
Clowney.. he could’ve played in the NfL immediatley. Eric berry, trey smith, Trevor Lawrence, cam newton could’ve, there’s actually a lot out there.

I don’t see the harm in being able to enter yourself in the draft after high school and at Any point In college... if you don’t get drafted, then you can come back or sign with a college.
I am perfectly fine with them deciding to go. But if they do not make it then they can not come back and go to college. People have to take responsibility for their bad decisions in life.

my bachelors degree got me in the door in the profession I chose, the rest was up to me but without it I wouldn't have gotten in.

Some kids would do better learning a trade and will make more money if they do that instead of the degree but trades normally max out at 60-70k UNLESS you are able to take it to the next level opening a business where you hire others to do the trade as you grow the business. Most do well in a trade but like I said before, you max out.

A degree that isn’t some obscure liberal arts degree that only leads to being a professor to other students trying to get the same degree, gives you the opportunity to have a career. The degree opens the door but what you do once the opportunity arises is what matters. However, as @bignewt posted, the opportunity never comes without the degree. Some who get degrees never should’ve and do not have the ability for true career advancement. If you produce and get to the top, the max earning potential is unlimited BUT it depends on you and your ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back