Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iā€™m not banging the table for players to make 200k and all this stuff but we just made 50 million dollars off the SEC shared revenue alone...... If we have ~300 scholarship student athletes on campus.... if we gave everyone of them 25,000$ a year.... thatā€™s 7.5 million dollars a year. No one is even going to know thatā€™s gone and this whole conversation goes away. If you canā€™t live off 25k a year on top of all the stuff youā€™re getting from your university... then thatā€™s a whole different conversation.
And then they will want more..this is bullcrap. If they wanna be pros then go to the XFL and play.

With the very unlikely opportunity to make millions.
There's still benefit to a bachelor's degree so to emulate that let's say after 4 years in that scenario I'm guaranteed to make $40,000-$50,000 there after with the small chance to make $millions? I still take those odds dude, it's plain to see you have your opinion and I have mine and we won't change each other's mind, so we can just drop it

Iā€™m not banging the table for players to make 200k and all this stuff but we just made 50 million dollars off the SEC shared revenue alone...... If we have ~300 scholarship student athletes on campus.... if we gave everyone of them 25,000$ a year.... thatā€™s 7.5 million dollars a year. No one is even going to know thatā€™s gone and this whole conversation goes away. If you canā€™t live off 25k a year on top of all the stuff youā€™re getting from your university... then thatā€™s a whole different conversation.
$25,000 a year? lol that's ludacris

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
They are making the university more money than all of that......fitz is also a top 3 paid strength coach lol. Pretty sure he makes like 600k.

Like i asked before, would you be ok if you didnā€™t make any actual money at your job, but you had of your expenses covered excluding car, car insurance, phone, social life.
The university is a no profit public institution. It is not a fortune 500 company..are you guys that dumb that you can not see the severe ramifications of this? Like I have said over and over and over...if they don't want a college education, then go to the XFL...good luck with that.

Reactions: BucVol98
And you have to pay the 85th man on the roster same as the starting QB. Canā€™t wait for the first ā€œwhy are we paying this bum?ā€ post after a shaky long snap or missed ST block. Much less pass not reigned in on a 3rd down.
I don't see how crap like this is not obvious to these guys...they are intentionally blind. I hate pro sports.

The football coaching STAFF? Weā€™re talking 5 different staffs, and the most stable/successful had practical lifetime appointments at coordinator.

Yes. Was referring to the various incarnations of the Vols football coaching staff over the last 20 years or so.

Yes. Was referring to the various incarnations of the Vols football coaching staff over the last 20 years or so.
Donā€™t remember any ā€œfuture OCā€ projections when the average coaching tenure was 2 seasons and donā€™t recall any before Clawson in Fulmerā€™s last season. Sanders and Cut owned that job til they didnā€™t and Chief was a rock at DC.

I have a feeling we are going to see a lot more RPOā€™s incorporated into the offense next year... Love the moves!

Every play is already an rpo for the most part for almost every college team. Coach O has been innovative with the 2nd & 3rd level rpos, but they require disciple from the oline.

Donā€™t remember any ā€œfuture OCā€ projections when the average coaching tenure was 2 seasons and donā€™t recall any before Clawson in Fulmerā€™s last season. Sanders and Cut owned that job til they didnā€™t and Chief was a rock at DC.

Lots of initial hype when hires were first made. Fans - myself included - convincing themselves that this is the next great one, the HC in waiting, but those sentiments were usually gone by the Florida game these last couple decades.

Reactions: Brillovol
So $25k on top of the $40k they get for scholarship then there's how much Fitz (and other S&C coaches) then how ever much the nutritionist makes. Don't forget how much the tutors cost. Oh yeah and books. Then thier living expenses. Sounds like you'd need to make more than doc as a regular student to get half the stuff these athletes get.

Paying students already on full scholarships more money is a horrendously bad idea. If you want to take some of the revenue money and offset some of the school costs of the partial scholarship athletes then I would be ok with that scenario. Handing kids that already have their housing, food, nutritionist, personal trainer, gym, school, books, and fees paid for more money is a bad bad idea. Plus they already get a stipend for incidental expenses too, so they don't even have to come out of pocket for tootpaste, deodorant, and other Class VI items.

The university is a no profit public institution. It is not a fortune 500 company..are you guys that dumb that you can not see the severe ramifications of this? Like I have said over and over and over...if they don't want a college education, then go to the XFL...good luck with that.
Their not for profit....you dumb...Business is not your thing...stick to Sunday School LessonsšŸ¦‰

Bubba Miller.
I wrestled in HS the same years he did, but at different schools. He is the best heavyweight HS wrestler i have ever seen. Now he owns a recycling business about a mile away from my farm in Leipers Fork... Very nice guy. If you have ever met Coach Gentry, you would understand why his football players were elite athletes and even better people.
Leipers fork represent

True, bass connected the dots nicely. VQ guys have said for awhile that Nieds can coach D and Pruitt has talked about that. He coached LB other places. And VQ also hinted that Osovet could be in line for an on field role. And when Sherrer left it made sense. Good dot connecting, Bass.

Also with the salary reductions (Sherrer made $700k), Graham only making $575k and Osovet likely much less than that. Means Pruitt can open up the wallet for a DL coach like Bo Davis if Rocker leaves the field.

Did someone say, "connect the dots"?!?!

200w.gif

And then they will want more..this is bullcrap. If they wanna be pros then go to the XFL and play.

Unfortunately demand drives the market and we (as fans) play a huge part in it.

College coaches earn large salaries to develop players to win football games to satisfy fanbases (of institutions) to make money and the cycle continues. The fans enjoy the process. Each institution enjoys the prestige, the coaches get fat checks, and the players... they are the tools that make it happen.

Truth is.. very few athletes play professional ball. Attaining a degree of substance should be the goal, but how achievable is that in the context of college football obligations?

The players deserve to profit off of their skills just as the coaches do.

Thatā€™s my take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back