Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is not playing to the result of the play and avoiding bad throws so they don’t become a pattern... like when he tries the same exact throw again vs UAB and it gets intercepted. Dobbs was better at extending the plays and better throwing the ball, specifically down field so i would feel more comfortable with him getting off script and trying to make a play. But i don’t see those plays as even close to the same Bc Wolfe is in a clear one on one with no one over the top or anywhere near him and dobbs feet are set and has a good base when he throws it.

Assuming this is is the play you’re talking about.
Tennessee's Tight End Ethan Wolf Runs for a 20-Yard Touchdown Against Florida

Once again you’re being personal about it. Why would i hate JG? Lol because he’s not a good QB? I thought Burrell was awful this year, don’t hate him and you don’t take it personal when someone criticizes him.

It wasn’t the same exact throw (USC and UAB). That’s where you are wrong. USC throw was at the very back of the end one where only an offensive player is getting it. UAB was not. Placement of the ball is a big part of the analysis of a throw being good/bad.

Reactions: Sleegro
Yeah, maybe so.

Chaney is a weird guy. He gets the itch to roam every few years no matter what, so I can’t say there’s one issue that made him want to leave.

Pretty sure family and knowing East TN had a lot to do with it. I don’t think he makes that move to many other SEC schools.

Reactions: WarMachine
maybe to you but not in the coaching world. As far as Osovet goes.

Not knocking the guy, and not saying there isn’t some truth to your statement. But if that sentiment was strong enough in the coaching world, people would have been knocking on the guy’s door every year. Doubt we would have been able to keep him in a support role as long as we have.

Part of the reason we are struggling to recruit against the likes of Auburn is coaching staff. Theirs is stocked with heavy hitters that have longtime connections to the SEC. I like the current staff, but we obviously need a bit more in the recruiting dept.

That said, I would be pretty fired up with some combination of Osovet as QB coach and Graham/Frank Wilson/McCledon/McGee as RB coach. But just adding Osovet to current staff, not so much.

Last edited:
You may be right, but I am pretty sure his last year at UGA they moved QB coach responsibilities from him to Coley(? maybe?). I thought that was a factor.
They did... Made Cooley cooc, and gave Chaney tes...I don't think he was thrilled.

It was a cya move by cks that ultimately backfired...

Not knocking the guy, and not saying there is some truth to your statement. But if that sentiment was strong enough in the coaching world, people would have been knocking on the guy’s door every year. Doubt we would have been able to keep him in a support role as long as we have.

Part of the reason we are struggling to recruit against the likes of Auburn is coaching staff. Theirs is stocked with heavy hitters that have longtime connections to the SEC. I like the current staff, but we obviously need a bit more in the recruiting dept.

That said, I would be pretty fired up with some combination of Osovet as QB coach and Graham/Frank Wilson/McCledon/McGee as RB coach. But just adding Osovet to current staff, not so much.
Frank Wilson is off the board

I think it's your first and last. Though I have mixed feelings on rocker... He is a good coach. Not great recruiter.... Can see the NFL being a good fit.

I get mixed feelings on CW... but he's one of the two that's contract is up. So... Feels like it's him
Deconley said a couple weeks ago he thought Rocker was retiring.

Wouldn't surprise me. Nothing has shocked me about how things operate there ever since I saw the Tank Man documentary in college and started reading more about all the covert things they do against their own citizens. Awkwardly was dating a 2nd gen Chinese girl at the time and she was unaware of much of it. Best friend for life is also 2nd gen Chinese. Great people, terrible power infrastructure and secrecy they live under though.

Not sure if still true, but I know Chinese internet used to completely block Tank Man from even being searched for. Some North Korea type shiz.

[/QUOTE

Thanks for posting. That was very interesting.

Reactions: Devo182
Not knocking the guy, and not saying there is some truth to your statement. But if that sentiment was strong enough in the coaching world, people would have been knocking on the guy’s door every year. Doubt we would have been able to keep him in a support role as long as we have.

Frank Wilson off the table. Took the McNeese State HC position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back