Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yessir. That and public works all in one big tangled, messy ball. You wanna come work for me? Got an opening.

I appreciate that. Would love to one day. I’ve got a pretty great gig right now. I worked for a city engineer one year. Very interesting role he had to play. Haha. The inner workings of city government is pretty interesting.

Reactions: Brillovol
Expect some coaching departures after signing day.....

Someone quoted Doug Matthews a couple weeks ago saying to expect more changes on the offensive side of the ball. Also Deerpark12 said they tried to find a landing spot for Weinke last year, so he didn’t expect him to be on staff next year.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Idc who goes, but keep Nieds no matter what.

Edit: Ansley and Chaney also

Those are definitely the big 3, but I really like the coaching staff overall. Rocker doesn’t stand out as a recruiter, but appears to be excellent at development. I feel like somebody did something right with OL this year, but not really sure if that has more to do with Friend or Chaney. Feel similarly about LB this year, but not really sure if that has more to do with Rumph or Sherrer. Still like Tee a lot, and he has a very nice track record to sell at producing WR. There is definitely room to upgrade in the recruiting dept.

Expect some coaching departures after signing day.....
Well two guys'contracts are up on Friday... So I think that's made the most sense since there's been nothing about either being renewed...

Can see a scenario of hiring Grahm or hardesty and promoting osovet on the offensive side.

No idea on defense replacement...?

Rocker is either retiring or going back to the Titans

Rumph gets calls every year

Neids is a hot commodity

Weinke and Sherrer can git
I think it's your first and last. Though I have mixed feelings on rocker... He is a good coach. Not great recruiter.... Can see the NFL being a good fit.

I get mixed feelings on CW... but he's one of the two that's contract is up. So... Feels like it's him

Reactions: UTSuave’
Someone quoted Doug Matthews a couple weeks ago saying to expect more changes on the offensive side of the ball. Also Deerpark12 said they tried to find a landing spot for Weinke last year, so he didn’t expect him to be on staff next year.

That has to be odd...knowing that your employer is trying to find you another job. That makes me think the QB situation is not being helped by coaching either. I guess Chaney deserves his pay because he is helping the OL and QB’s.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I think it's your first and last. Though I have mixed feelings on rocker... He is a good coach. Not great recruiter.... Can see the NFL being a good fit.

I get mixed feelings on CW... but he's one of the two that's contract is up. So... Feels like it's him
Yeah, Rocker seems like a lock. There’s been enough smoke from people in the midstate that he wants to be there to watch his son at Vandy. I don’t blame him one bit. Also I think VQ gave it up when they dropped Bo Davis’ name. That means Pruitt is already making calls.

My gut tells me the issue with Weinke is his recruiting and I’ll bet Chaney wants his own QB guy. That’s not the same as saying Weinke is a bad coach. He’ll probably land a good job somewhere - just might not be a great fit with the guy we hired to have total autonomy over the offense.

What did you think of Josh Dobbs' TD throw to Wolf vs UF. Very similar situation. JD was about to get hit, leaning back to buy time, and he laid a pass up and Wolf was able to run under it and score. You just hate JG and that is all there is to it. It's ok to admit it, because everyone else is already aware. You are not as smart as you think and you have no idea what I understand and don't understand.

The point is not playing to the result of the play and avoiding bad throws so they don’t become a pattern... like when he tries the same exact throw again vs UAB and it gets intercepted. Dobbs was better at extending the plays and better throwing the ball, specifically down field so i would feel more comfortable with him getting off script and trying to make a play. But i don’t see those plays as even close to the same Bc Wolfe is in a clear one on one with no one over the top or anywhere near him and dobbs feet are set and has a good base when he throws it.

Assuming this is is the play you’re talking about.
Tennessee's Tight End Ethan Wolf Runs for a 20-Yard Touchdown Against Florida

Once again you’re being personal about it. Why would i hate JG? Lol because he’s not a good QB? I thought Burrell was awful this year, don’t hate him and you don’t take it personal when someone criticizes him.

Those are definitely the big 3, but I really like the coaching staff overall. Rocker doesn’t stand out as a recruiter, but appears to be excellent at development. I feel like somebody did something right with OL this year, but not really sure if that has more to do with Friend or Chaney. Feel similarly about LB this year, but not really sure if that has more to do with Rumph or Sherrer. Still like Tee a lot, and he has a very nice track record to sell at producing WR. There is definitely room to upgrade in the recruiting dept.

Darrell Taylor praised both Pruitt and Rumph for his development.

Yeah, Rocker seems like a lock. There’s been enough smoke from people in the midstate that he wants to be there to watch his son at Vandy. I don’t blame him one bit. Also I think VQ gave it up when they dropped Bo Davis’ name. That means Pruitt is already making calls.

My gut tells me the issue with Weinke is his recruiting and I’ll bet Chaney wants his own QB guy. That’s not the same as saying Weinke is a bad coach. He’ll probably land a good job somewhere - just might not be a great fit with the guy we hired to have total autonomy over the offense.
Don't you think Chaney losing QB coach duties was a factor in him leaving UGA in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back