Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you posted about Hardy worries me about Evans. But apparently the kid is talented enough to take a chance on.

Same...I think Evans though if the scouts are right is without a doubt "worth the headache"

I'm not real sure why he'd even look at Georgia, my guess is he's trying to play nice so he doesn't end up sitting out a year because of some BS about the LOI but that's purely me speculating.

As price said in Tuesday, he already had his moment. What other moment was he needing? To spurn/disrespect us again? It wasn’t about his moment. Kid was out to make us look bad
I’d bet money that the Hardy stuff originated with Garner. For whatever reason, the dude gets sick pleasure out of attacking UT in recruiting. When he’s involved, expect the dirtiest of tactics.

I felt a bit like they wanted to try and milk it, since he was a high profile recruit that drew attention/clicks. I don't know if I'd try to claim a moral high ground on that situation, when they knew probably should have posted a story or something. Then later when it breaks people will know who knew first.

I don't know, I think Hardy transfers outta Auburn and likely ends up a bust. I mean I'd rather see the kid have success, but to handle the situation the way he did tells me there's gonna be more issues that prevent him from really being an elite player.
I wish nobody success that treats others so dishonestly and disrespectfully..I hope the punk is miserable till he learns how to be a good man.

If he does, then I hope he has a good life no matter where he goes.

It is going to be an interesting last week and a half leading up to NSD. We only have a few spots and if the coaches think they can get a blue chipper or two then they have to do what is best for the program. Recruiting is rough sometimes.
I believe having UTs staff interested even as far as they have been is great exposure for kids like Williamson. I really think it helps them, even though it is hard not to be able to get in. I seriously doubt FSU would have given him a shot if not for UTs interest.

I'm not real sure how I feel about VQ...apparently they knew about the Hardy thing before it broke, but didn't want to step on the kid's moment?

Or at least that's what it sounded like Brent was imply yesterday on the Sports Animal. That's kind of confusing, being the line of work they are in.

That’s essentially why I stopped paying for a subscription. I mean, you’re paying them for information that a lot of times they won’t/can’t give you because they can’t spoil a moment or break trust. Worse off, sometimes they even mislead you.

Plus recruiting information is fluid and kids lie and blah blah blah. It was only $10 a month but that’s enough for a Chick Fila Spicy Delux supersized and that’s delicious. Besides whatever they report is on here or twitter in no time.

That said, they have the best podcast out there and I sometimes listen to it twice.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Actually when i said that I was referring to the fact i knew that Kirby was interviewing folks to take the OC role and demote Coley weeks ago...so in fact no I wasn’t wrong.

KS has decided to give their entire offense an overhaul....which i believe could be sting them in many ways. Let’s see how it plays out.

Get Coley and find a role for him. Coley owns South Florida recruiting and has many connections from Miami up to Palm Beach.

yep. if we get 2 or 3 of the guys we're really on right now...success!

but it's entirely possible Evans, Wideman and Beckwith all wind up elsehwere.

if it's drama you like...it's drama you got.

I feel real good about Beckwith.

I think there’s about as much chance I win the powerball tomorrow night as there is we landing either Wideman or Evans.

That’s essentially why I stopped paying for a subscription. I mean, you’re paying them for information that a lot of times they won’t/can’t give you because they can’t spoil a moment or break trust. Worse off, sometimes they even mislead you.

Plus recruiting information is fluid and kids lie and blah blah blah. It was only $10 a month but that’s enough for a Chick Fila Spicy Delux supersized and that’s delicious. Besides whatever they report is on here or twitter in no time.

That said, they have the best podcast out there and I sometimes listen to it twice.
agree about the podcast.

Reactions: T Dog

No one regrets a Spicy Deluxe purchase, ever too. You make a fair point, I would like to announce my commitment to CFA for lunch today.

I feel real good about Beckwith.

I think there’s about as much chance I win the powerball tomorrow night as there is we landing either Wideman or Evans.
wideman has been pretty quiet. no idea about him, but yeah, i can't get to the point where i think he's in.

Evans....man....i can't even really get excited about that. glad he's visiting...but i just find it hard to beleive this late in the game he's gonna come here, despite some of my posts recently on why it might make a lot of sense, and we do actually have tangible stuff to sell.....seems like a real long shot to say the least.

Beckwith....i'm concerned. i think he liked UT a lot. but he continues to keep going back to the "i just like UF".......which tells me if if all things are equal, that may be the direction he goes, and with the PWO offer for Cam, all things are equal now.

probably gonna be a wild finish and i just hope we don't get left at the altar, so to speak, by all three.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
IMO Wideman is coming off a visit high. I have no doubt he liked it here. UT is a great place and has a lot to offer. But ultimately I think distance and lack of longevity in recruitment hurts.

Evans IMO is mercurial and I think he gives us a strong look but UGA is dirty and Evans heart was at UGA and one point, he’s real close to several UGA recruits, and I them getting the last visit is the nail in the coffin for us.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
IMO Wideman is coming off a visit high. I have no doubt he liked it here. UT is a great place and has a lot to offer. But ultimately I think distance and lack of longevity in recruitment hurts.

Evans IMO is mercurial and I think he gives us a strong look but UGA is dirty and Evans heart was at UGA and one point, he’s real close to several UGA recruits, and I them getting the last visit is the nail in the coffin for us.

Think Pittman (most the OL) and Coley being gone from UGA will change the "vibe" there if he does return for a OV.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I'm not real sure how I feel about VQ...apparently they knew about the Hardy thing before it broke, but didn't want to step on the kid's moment?

Or at least that's what it sounded like Brent was imply yesterday on the Sports Animal. That's kind of confusing, being the line of work they are in.

I thought Austin Price eventually broke it. I am sure they were cautious at first, but it sounded like AP got tired of being lied to.

Edit: I see your response. The screenshot broke it.

It is going to be an interesting last week and a half leading up to NSD. We only have a few spots and if the coaches think they can get a blue chipper or two then they have to do what is best for the program. Recruiting is rough sometimes.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, that we are making room.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back