Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my Drill Sergeants from basic used to call everyone Dick.

"Take your time Dick."

"Waitin on you Dick."

"Move at your own pace Dick."

"Please don't make any effort to hurry the **** up Dick."

It was awesome.
After some careful reflection, I realized every single time I have called someone hoss or chief or boss, I have fully intended to belittle and cause offense.

Duane Allman is my number #1, then Jimmy Page, then Hendrix, then Gilmour, then Jack White.

Allman was definitely one of the great guitarists, particularly slide guitarist. Even Clapton thought so, which is why he wanted Allman to play with Derek & the Dominos on Clapton's Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs lp. I think that Allman may have had a bigger impact on Clapton than Hendrix did, and Clapton was blown away by Hendrix.

Jason Hook and Zoltan Bathory from Five Finger Death Punch.

Synyster Gates and Zachy Vengeance from Avenged Sevenfold. Matt Wentworth from Our Last Night.

Old school for me is Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen and Tony Iommi from Sabbath.

Honorable mentions:
George Harrison
Johnny Lang
Dave Matthews(I know many don't like his music, but the guy can play)

Oh, and Clapton is the GOAT.
I was with you until dave matthews. Clapton and Harrison are 2 of my favorites though. While my guitar gently weeps is my favorite Beetles song all time.

Reactions: chargervol
Brian Setzer led revival of two types of music. Rockabilly in the early 80s and Swing in the mid 90s. He may not be the greatest guitar player, but he has to be Top 20.

Yep. Wasn't a big fan of those styles but he was a beast when playing.
Think some are only naming music they listen to but for me, Setzer, Prince, Satriani etc., have to be included along with a few metal and Spanish greats. If we're honestly talking talent and not just preference.

Reactions: Bret178
Reminds me, if we're counting metal guitarists, Dave Mustaine. Little extreme but undeniably talented.

And can't name any because I don't listen regularly but some clips of Spanish/Mexican acoustic greats... seen some really impressive stuff.

What I’ve gathered is shredding the guitar isn’t all that unique for musicians. 😂

There’s a pasty, pimple-covered lad somewhere in Sheboygan that takes a backseat to no one. 🎸🤘🏻

What I’ve gathered is shredding the guitar isn’t all that unique for musicians. 😂

There’s a pasty, pimple-covered lad somewhere in Sheboygan that takes a backseat to no one. 🎸🤘🏻

It's true. I used to play often and was never that good but met so many folks.
Some of these musicians that never made it, for whatever reason, would blow your mind.

One of the top drummers I've met, made to the final 3 for joining Ozzy but couldn't afford to fly to Europe for the last tryout.

Reactions: engineerVOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back