Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This TN basketball team.

tenor.gif

I get the roster is bad. But this really doesn't look like a well coached Rick Barnes team. At all.
Yeah. Got to give them a little slack right now. We started over when Turner went down. Then added Santiago. Played several games and add Uros. Just a lot of moving parts right now. Hopefully we will settle in from this point on and they will learn to play together and know where their teammates are on the floor.

I'm still looking at this year as a warm up year for next year. This team is bad on many levels. I expected the offense to be bad but the defense has been putrid. Usually you try and hang your hat on at least one thing you do well. This team does nothing well, at least right now.
Giving a like...for the first sentence only 🙈

Not everyone can recruit like UGA in basketball or football! They really are an Elite Athletics University. Top notch in everything

Stagnant offense.zero penetration,everyone is standing around,lazy on D.just sad.Barnes has to adjust his offense,its just that simple.im still trying to figure out why we are constantly setting up high picks at the top of the key and generating nothing...no cuts,no shots being taken just standing around.whatever it is it’s not working and hasn’t been all year.

Stagnant offense.zero penetration,everyone is standing around,lazy on D.just sad.Barnes has to adjust his offense,its just that simple.im still trying to figure out why we are constantly setting up high picks at the top of the key and generating nothing...no cuts,no shots being taken just standing around.whatever it is it’s not working and hasn’t been all year.

This is a bad basketball team right now. We have no identity. And lazy on defense. That’s a bad recipe.

Wow! Has the CIA started putting LSD in the drinking water again? JP is doing an excellent job of rebuilding the program but we are still a level below Georgia and Florida in talent, Alabama level is another discussion. It's going to take a couple of top ten classes in a row before we start thinking about 11-1. Thanks to the twin sophs at tackle and Trey Smith and Kennedy coming back with excellent depth behind them, the OL has been fixed, but our rb and wr talent is not elite and we're probably a couple of years out from Bailey being ready to carry the offense. Still need a pass rush and more depth at lb. DB 2020 class a little down after a couple of good years in recruiting. DL deep and solid. I'm going to be pleased if we go 9-3 next year and absolutely thrilled with a 10-2 season.

A couple of things we have going for us long term is that while he's clearly a great recruiter, Kirby is not an elite game coach (a Georgia tradition going back 50 years) and hopefully Norvell starts cutting into UF's recruiting at FSU which may also hurt Clemson and keep them out of our recruiting turf. Georgia fans will turn on Smart soon if he doesn't win the SEC Championship in the next couple of years. I may be wrong but I think "He's got no neck" (a shout-out to you Rocky Horror fans) at Florida will get tired of those crazy fans soon if he can't beat Georgia regularly.
If Norvell can get FSU recruiting going he will do some damage to GA recruiting too.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back