Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor.gif

Maybe I should say it this way? The best athlete isn't always the smartest guy. The best coach should probably be the smartest guy. It's just a different skill set, no?
Every now and then though, you get a great athlete who is really smart, driven and focused. This is what it looks like.
jordan1.gif

If 70%+ of the labor force are minorities, you would think 70% of the coaching staffs would also be made up by minorities. The fact that this isn’t the case suggests their is a discrepancy somewhere.

Where I work, technician work force is comprised almost completely of caucasians and african americans.

Majority of our leadership - engineers, tech support, etc - is Indian or Asian.

Racism? Or different skill sets?

You can't throw out % for the entire labor force, then isolate a very small/niche area for coaching staffs, especially when you're talking about the NFL and not ALL sports or even ALL levels of sports.

The average coaching staff for an NFL team is 22.3, which would equate to a grand total (all 32 teams) being 713.6. That number isn't even 0.0003% of the total workforce in the US (which based on 2018 numbers from the BLS is nearly 260 million for 16 years and over)

I'm also not certain where the 70%+ of the labor force are minorities is coming from...since the same data in the BLS study has the "White" category accounting for 154 million of the nearly 260 million, which would mean the majority of the labor force isn't minority at all...in fact that'd actually point to nearly 60%+ being white.

Now this is of course race specific in defining minority. If you adjust minority to include women the it'll skew the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back