Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like his fire. Hate his accuracy/decisions

Maurer throwing into the endzone was my least favorite part of his game.... guaranteed interception.

My $0.02: JG has a role on this team. Bailey will have a role on this team he’s too good. I do not see a role for Maurer in 2020.

Have not been as upset about a player retiring from the NFL, not named Manning as I am tonight! Will miss watching the great #59 own the middle & congratulations for knowing when to hang it up. Those of us that love defense will miss you Luke, good luck in what God has in store for your future, you will be missed!!!!!!

If Maurer puts on 20 lbs and develops mentally at a moderate pace, he'll be heads and shoulders above JG by next season. Better arm, better wheels, more leadership and spark, just lacks experience and makes questionable decisions in the red zone. When it clicks for him, he'll be a good qb. Maybe HB comes in and shows out, but if the choice is between JG and Maurer, I'm going with Maurer.

At the end of the day...I basically agree.

I do hope we see him take a big step being in year two with this staff.

But until he prices he has...

View attachment 254390

Yuup. The reality is, whether as a backup, or as the starter while Bailey adjusts, we need some kind of a senior jump, regardless.

The jump being the focus of my op, extremely highlighted by asterisks. But yet still feel that was somehow lost.😂

Forgotten man: John Mincey

Anyone know off hand if he redshirted this year or last?
Product of the coaching. He was at the top of the chart last year and fell behind this year. Just another indicator of things going well when you don’t have to depend on true Freshmen at key positions everywhere. Especially on each of the lines.

Not saying we won’t have To’o To’o-like Freshmen who can come in and start immediately. But for all the Trey Smiths you gotta have, well, the other guys.

He didn't play after he was injured at Bama except the first half of KY. He wasn't great, but he was far from really bad. Guy played better in the first half against GA than JG did all year and that was his first start. He was also looking really good against MSU until he got hurt as well.
Disagree. He played ok, but made some terrible decisions with the ball every game. I do like his fire and still think he can develop into a very good QB.

If Mauer leaves before spring ball, he’s not the QB we need. We need a fighter. If he wants the job...earn it. Leave if you want to I don’t fault you for that, you have a dream and no one should keep it from you but it won’t just be handed to you.. With that said, you were recruited to play QB by the coaches, they obviously saw something in you. You were given an opportunity to play this year, they obviously saw something in you.

You have a spot here but how much do you want it?

Last edited:
No he doesn't. He is very frustratingly inconsistent, but I think his teammates respect him very much.
He will if it’s business as usual with him next year.

I think there are probably pretty high expectations for him inside that building... From teammates and coaches alike.

Last edited:
Really seemed like the rest of the team responded to having a different QB in. Usually created a spark for a little bit anyway
I do think he earned allot of respect for how he kept battling. JJ and TS both went to Bay for him.

It will take more than that to keep that respect next season... If he wins up starting.

I do think he earned allot of respect for how he kept battling. JJ and TS both went to Bay for him.

It will take more than that to keep that respect next season... If he wins up starting.

The expectations are rightly so, imo. Big part of what I was getting at. Has nothing to do with era. Manning to Crompton to Burrow or Dobbs.. that Sr year is it. If you're gonna shine, then NOW.
And those around you are expecting you to.

Have not been as upset about a player retiring from the NFL, not named Manning as I am tonight! Will miss watching the great #59 own the middle & congratulations for knowing when to hang it up. Those of us that love defense will miss you Luke, good luck in what God has in store for your future, you will be missed!!!!!!
Kuekly ? Or however u spell it, the LB from BC for the Panthers ? Wow, I thought he had another 2 or 3 years left as a borderline all-pro. Love him, hell of a player. I will miss watching him play, top 10 all-time LB, since I can remember watching (around 1979) the NFL

Reactions: jacobyvoln27
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back