Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as Saban is there I'm not going to count them out
No doubt but it’s evident that the dynasty is slipping slightly. That said, that proclamation was made a couple times for Bear Bryant and we know how that went. Lil’ Nicky still has 1-2 championships left but there will be greater valleys in between.

We’re talking football

01 Miami’s schedule is a complete joke compared to LSU’s

Point is, sometimes something just passes the eye test. That 01 team did.

That’s not taking anything away from LSU. Because they can never play each other always makes these kind of arguments fun and pointless.

While we’re at it, how about The Generals 1938 team???

Would have loved to see the 2001 Vols take on that Miami team.
I know I'm a homer, but if Casey was clicking with Donte, Witten and "The Future" Washington, Vols had a damn good chance to bust their a$$. We will never know, but that's the biggest "What if" in my lifetime. I still blame Rohan's Mom and that voodoo curse she put on UT, in the 2nd half of that SEC Championship game

Now that this year has ended in total and looking at some of the best teams and stories from this year... i think building and maintaining a culture/locker room is most important trait for a head coach. Ed Orgeron was horrible as a Hc before, but damn he’s got the entire state hanging on every word of his and team will go full kamikaze mode for him. Same thing for Dabo, I don’t think he’s some schematic genius but he demands a certain culture, and his players eat it up. Hell even PJ Fleck, Minnesota had no business winning 10 games and beating Auburn, Penn state, almost beating Wisconsin etc. but his players love him and would run through a wall for him.

The energy/culture inside & around our program got so bad at the end of butch and the Botched search that it was like an anchor (literally & figuratively Bc of losses to vandy) weighing us down. I mean we were literally having discussions if our roster was worse than Vanderbilt or if our OL was better than Charlotte. It took longer than we wanted and it wasn’t always pretty by any means... and quite frankly i have no Fn idea how we won some games like Indiana, Kentucky, miss state lol.... but i give Pruitt and Fulmer major major props for finding a way to power wash all that filth off this program and now have us looking like we belong again. Hopefully our fan base and players rally around them just like those other teams have done.

Point is, sometimes something just passes the eye test. That 01 team did.

That’s not taking anything away from LSU. Because they can never play each other always makes these kind of arguments fun and pointless.

While we’re at it, how about The Generals 1938 team???

Too slow. Would get ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back