Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of y'all in the Knox area keep an eye on the weather. This line of storms could get real nasty.
Yeah... That front looks ugly. We're just hoping the mountains kill it before it gets here..... Expecting it to be not so nice out between 10 and midnight...

Pretty bold of him to be talking like that when his Offense Philosophy (This year) is the issue...you can’t keep playing basketball like you’ve got Grant,Admiral and Kyle still on the team...Faulky needs to be on the block he’s better facing the basket,not with his back towards it.Pember same thing..Vescovi,Bowden,Gains and Pons all shoot the 3 well enough to be deep threats but they are Rhythm shooters..Barnes needs to be playing a up tempo offense moving the ball around from the inside out,Not outside in offense.this years team is a shooting threat when hot,not a post up threat like we were last year and years before.Until Barnes realizes that and adapts to this year’s weapons,the product you are currently seeing now will be the product all year untill he manages to get better post players.Faulky and pember are better in (clean up roles) or trash points and in that sense they will get theirs..but Barnes needs to get his shooters going otherwise it’s just s stagnant standing around waiting for someone to shoot the ball offense.

I’ll take the W. Bowden has got to start getting into the midrange game that is what gets him going. He is settling for 3s. Take it to basket and mid range. Draw some fouls and get your rhythm back.
Bowden has not responded to the new 3 point line. He just needs to step inside the line and find his comfort zone. 2's are better than nuthin'.

Yeah... That front looks ugly. We're just hoping the mountains kill it before it gets here..... Expecting it to be not so nice out between 10 and midnight...

That's exactly what I said and it did down here in Harrison. Looked like it split right into. We didn't hardly get anything but some hard raining and some thunder.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I wouldn't be mad at 8-4 all things considered. However, if we're surprised with good QB play, whomever from, I think 10 wins is not out of the question.
10 wins certainly isn’t out of the question if Tennessee gets really good QB play. It would be an absolute must though. There’s still a few too many question marks even outside of the QB position for me to think this team will be capable of winning 9 or 10. Receiver is a huge question mark, we have nobody on the current roster outside of maybe Crouch who can play middle linebacker, JACK/SAM is a question, and so is FS. This thing is still another year away until we have the level of talent and depth we need in order to put a 9 or 10 win football team out on the field IMO.

I just got home from the basketball game and I've got to say we have thr best fans in the country, as Thompson was sold out. This team is what it is, I still love them.

Saw a ton of the football team. Eric Gray threw plates to Red Panda during halftime. Trey smith, Pruitt, Fulmer and a dozen more were there to show off the bowl game trophy. The team got a loud applause.

Last edited:
LOL - He could help Rb core if the coaches move him back and correct his fumbling issues. He might be our best Rb talent.
Need him more at middle linebacker. They’re going to give Crouch an opportunity to start there, but behind him, who do we have? Nobody that’s proven. Same situation at outside linebacker. I have no idea who would back up T.

VFLs and Knoxville area players in the divisional round of the NFL Playoffs
Harrison Smith – S – Minnesota (Catholic HS)
Britton Colquitt – P – Minnesota (Tennessee)
Emmanuel Moseley – CB – San Francisco (Tennessee)
Jalen Hurd – WR – San Francisco (one-time Vol) *RESERVE/INJURED
Morgan Cox – LS – Baltimore (Tennessee)
Zach Fulton – OG – Houston (Tennessee)
Dustin Colquitt – P – Kansas City (Tennessee)
Kahlil McKenzie – OG – Seattle (Tennessee) *PRACTICE SQUAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back