Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
They lose a lot and will be playing a redshirt freshman QB themselves. Our defense will be good. We should have a chance if, IF, we get good QB play. That doesn’t happen with JG imo

Why can't we play a team with a JG-like QB? It would be awesome if OU felt good about their new QB, and he looked okay vs Missouri State, but in reality he's terrible and we expose him and he throws 3 picks or something in the first half.

But given our history he will almost certainly look like a Heisman candidate.

I feel bad for JG because he is a VOL, but the look he has on his face between every play screams weakness.
Why can't we play a team with a JG-like QB? It would be awesome if OU felt good about their new QB, and he looked okay vs Missouri State, but in reality he's terrible and we expose him and he throws 3 picks or something in the first half.

---------------> FF

Reactions: appyvol and Atzar

I think Rattler should absolutely be worried about passing against junior BT, AT, and senior Sham, to go along with George, Tank, and Flowers. That secondary gonna be nasty! And we return the whole DL. We’ll be getting after him

I agree... I fear Pruitt will play him because of comfort and experience, and we’ll get the same up and down with mostly down garbage weve seen from him all year.
If Bailey is as good as we all hope.... I in turn hope JG stays.

Bailey beats JG out in camp, and we have an experienced, battle tested backup QB waiting in the wings IF needed.

I think Rattler should absolutely be worried about passing against junior BT, AT, and senior Sham, to go along with George, Tank, and Flowers. That secondary gonna be nasty! And we return the whole DL. We’ll be getting after him

Hope so man. We are due making a QB of a really good team look like total ass, especially one that's otherwise green and untested. We made Baker Mayfield look terrible for 3.5 quarters.

spencer rattler is a former 5 star and supposably a great qb, irregardless we will come after a freshman with hella blitzes, but they'll blitz our true freshman too, so for all intensive purposes, it will come down to who has the better defense/ coaches... plus we'll have to beat the refs too... forgot that part

Sham is gonna make himself some money after next season.

Let’s remember Chaney‘s involvement here.....I can’t believe he would go into a season with inconsistencies that JG brings to the table. I have a feeling the fuse will be very short and if it does not work out, he will shift quickly to another alternative (Bailey / Mauer/ Shrout / Transfer) and will put all of his eggs in that one basket.

Bottom line......we WILL have better QB play next year.

The question I have is where is our leadership going to come from?? I have a feeling that will come out in spring practice as well. Spring ball is going to be bigger this year than in the last 10. This team is going to depend on a lot of young ball players.

I trust (Pruitt / Chanery / Ainsley ) + Fulmer (to provide $ to mkae the right coaching hires) to continue the upward momentum.

GBO !

That game will be hype AF. We will be an underdog but I bet we come in with a chip on our shoulder and at least keep it relatively close
OU has no surefire stud QB as of right now. Losing a top 10 draft pick at WR too. We will have a legit shot depending on what transpires from now til August for each team’s QB situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back