Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty damn good right now! Chased down the running back on the screen which requires some wheels. He’s playing at the level he was projected at during the height of his recruitment.
No question. Personally think he could be All-SEC material.

Reactions: butchna
Chaney was asking JG and Other QBs to do a lot more than Helton was. That’s why JG had a “better” year last year. Helton tried his best to hide JG and it worked some. I remember charting the South Carolina game and JGs total combined air yards for every throw was like 14 yards or something like that. That’s why he never turned the ball over but also why our offense went to sh** the last few weeks too when defenses really started to catch on to it. I do give Helton a ton of credit for moving JJ to the slot full time tho. That changed boosted his career big time.

Everyone knows i wasn’t big on the Chaney hire but in his defense and without being too disrespectful, it’s impossible to put into numbers or statistics just how bad we were at QB this year. He was completely handcuffed so it’s impossible to really give an opinion on our offense this year Bc we were running a ducktape offense of rpos and extremely QB friendly route concepts just hoping our skill guys could make a play (ie Tyler Byrd vs miss state) i really wish Jennings and calloway had one more year with what we hope Bailey is.

I’m not a football expert, but I was down on Helton for last year’s UF game. While he may have been trying to hide JG, that game plan gave us no chance to win. He got better, and USC was good.

The shame is that Chaney schemed some good plays early in the year. If I went back to the GSU and BYU games, I bet I could find a half dozen plays that could have been scores or big plays. One in mind was when we had trips left. Two cleared out for JJ at the goaline, and I believe JG was late. It was either incomplete or an INT. The play was there. There are others including the INT early in the second half against BYU where Callaway’s man slipped on the right, and JG throws into double coverage.

Bottom line is JG has the physical tools, but he just can’t process the plays quick enough.

Reactions: TennacJed
Another example of Jennings' never quit attitude, looking at the interception where the pass was intended for him.
Every offensive player *on that side of the field* was closer than JJ, with a better shot at stopping the score. Jennings was the only one that laid a hand on the guy as he crossed the goal line. And made one heck of an effort to make the guy fumble (almost succeeded).

Would love to have that much awareness and effort all over the field.

Needs to be a differentiation between intentional and incidental targeting maybe? Intentional is 15 yds and ejection. Incidental is just the yardage.

They cannot get the current rule down....

If the offensive player drops his head, he should be ejected too. Offsetting penalties, no change in LOS, replay the down and both players out. If a team has 2 targeting calls per game, then the coaches and school are financially fined with the money going to concussion prevention and treatment research. That would start a significant change in player’s approach to tackling correctly.

I know that I am late to the party, but didn’t look at my phone from Christmas through my kids and I skiing through 12/30. Too much fun. Now playing catch up. VN too good to miss pages of posts 🤠

Reactions: Glitch
Why don’t we clear out on the trap ? Everyone get to the other end and put someone in the middle underneath the trap. My gosh its not that hard to beat

Other SEC fanbases are hilarious. A lot of “I’m glad UT beat IU and turned their season around because it means crappy Pruitt is locked in as their coach”

That’s mostly coming from VU, UK, USC, and Mizzou fans. They are really desperate for us to stay down.
Lol we beat them all

Reactions: Orangeburst
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back