Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Ole Miss zeroed in on Kiffin before Luke was even given his pink slip. Explains his somewhat abrupt dismissal. To me this is a home run hire for them considering the circumstances and their position in the SEC West pecking order. You could argue Kiffin will be the 3rd best coach in the West. Ahead of both Orgeron and Malzahn.

Ole Miss is dealing with NCAA sanctions and hired *looks around and whispers* Lane Kiffin?!

Gonna try for a little more sleep.

2-Jaws-quotes.gif

Reactions: Sleegro
Unfortunately, in order for Tennessee to go to a better bowl game, UGA needs to beat LSU. We need two SEC teams to make the playoffs to create an extra slot for us to be in a FL bowl. If LSU wins then only one SEC team makes the playoff and Vols play in Nashville/Memphis.

Choose wisely.
Idc. Go Tigers

A legion of horribles, hundreds in number, half naked or clad in costumes attic or biblical or wardrobed out of a fevered dream with the skins of animals and silk finery and pieces of uniform still tracked with the blood of prior owners, coats of slain dragoons, frogged and braided cavalry jackets, one in a stovepipe hat and one with an umbrella and one in white stockings and a bloodstained wedding veil and some in headgear or cranefeathers or rawhide helmets that bore the horns of bull or buffalo and one in a pigeontailed coat worn backwards and otherwise naked and one in the armor of a Spanish conquistador, the breastplate and pauldrons deeply dented with old blows of mace or sabre done in another country by men whose very bones were dust and many with their braids spliced up with the hair of other beasts until they trailed upon the ground and their horses' ears and tails worked with bits of brightly colored cloth and one whose horse's whole head was painted crimson red and all the horsemen's faces gaudy and grotesque with daubings like a company of mounted clowns, death hilarious, all howling in a barbarous tongue and riding down upon them like a horde from a hell more horrible yet than the brimstone land of Christian reckoning, screeching and yammering and clothed in smoke like those vaporous beings in regions beyond right knowing where the eye wanders and the lip jerks and drools.

Dammit, I love McCarthy.
I'll take dating the women of The View for $1000 Alex.

Just wait until FSU's A.D. finds out that he has to pay for assistants on top of paying a head coach.

"Ok. So it is decided then. The cheerleaders are going to run the bake sale AND the offensive line is going to do the car wash. This is fool proof!"

- FSU AD (prolly)

"Ok. So it is decided then. The cheerleaders are going to run the bake sale AND the offensive line is going to do the car wash. This is fool proof!"

- FSU AD (prolly)
I was thinking have the players round up some crab legs and have a low country boil.

Reactions: Vfl2407
Before then
Gotcha. Like I said, it was still a cool place to stay, once we got a softer bed. Also, Ohana restaurant had some amazing food! If you go, order the buffet option as room service. They bring you enough food for 2-3 people at a significantly lower price than if you sit in the restaurant and order it.

This is it. At the moment few teams have a realistic shot, and the pool of possibilities will continue to decrease over the years as the best players continue to go to fewer and fewer colleges because they want to be able to make it to the playoffs.

Same. My gripe for years has been the lack of parity. Out of the realistic options I've seen, expansion comes the closest to breaking up the monopoly.

I *think it helps TN. Gash the stranglehold of the 2 or 3 teams and make coaching and development, larger factors. Plus the math of something like splitting Ga/Bama wins regular season and still getting a shot.

Just rolling thru off of having the overwhelmingly most star power, makes for a terrible product and that's what we've all been stuck watching, at least for the large majority.

Screw the lower level programs. Who gives a F about them and their “excitement”.

We’re not trying to hand out participation ribbons here...
Hahaha actually letting them participate in the tournament for the trophy is not the same as handing out a trophy. If they won 2 playoff games against the "higher" level teams and then won the championship game, would they not have earned it? All it would do is give them an opportunity to prove it on the field instead of only having an opportunity at a consolation bowl at most.

Last edited:
If anything it creates excitement for lower level programs who think they'll never have a shot at anything more than a potential New Year's Day bowl. An expanded playoff gives them a chance to slip in and show the big boys what they have. Imagine if the UCF team from a few years past had that chance?
That UCF team wouldn’t have made an 8 team playoff unless there were an auto bid for highest G5 team.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back