Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, how many players did you say this about last offseason that ended up being big contributors this season? I bet there were a few.
Last year? Don’t recall any. Feel free to go look and prove me wrong 😉

Nope. But he’ll use it to get the raise he probably deserves. Just business.

Don’t even think it will get to that point. CF has proven he will step up, especially for the fuel that makes the machine run.

This is all about the art of the deal. If CF is smart, he has / is discussiing with CP already. This continues to build the relationship that will ultimately be challenged by the tide. CF is hoping at that point that relationship/trust wins out over blood. Tough road but time is on our side (right now).

Reactions: SmokinBob
Don’t even think it will get to that point. CF has proven he will step up, especially for the fuel that makes the machine run.
Yeah, that probably true. My bet is we already have a raise/extension on the table but Pruitt’s agent might float some “Florida State is interested” stuff to bump it up a little bit.

I've noticed several of these recruits deciding against signing in the early signing period. I wonder if things might be trending a tad back toward the February signing period. So much can happen in the next couple of months with all these coaching changes. Will their position coach even be there when they arrive, even the early enrollees? I'm not sure I would be inclined to sign early if it were me.

I disagree with you. Maybe because that simplified thing Gran conjured up is nowhere close to the machine that Osborne produced for over two decades and which churned out NC’s at the end of his tenure. No amount of ARGUING is going to change my opinion so it’s your time that you’re wasting.
It is the old triple option veer that Osborne ran...it is one of the most brutally simple offenses there is.

Obviously they aren't the machine the Cornroiders were, but it is also obviously effective if you have the pieces to run it, and todays defenses unprepared to stop it..all I was saying is that it isn't some magical new thing from the mind of a mad genius inventor, it as an old offense that we have seen up close and personal a couple of times in the past.

I am actually confused...what are we even arguing about?

I've noticed several of these recruits deciding against signing in the early signing period. I wonder if things might be trending a tad back toward the February signing period. So much can happen in the next couple of months with all these coaching changes. Will their position coach even be there when they arrive, even the early enrollees? I'm not sure I would be inclined to sign early if it were me.
I wouldn’t sign early, especially with it being coaching carousel silly season. Should be interesting to see the dominos fall.

I wouldn’t sign early, especially with it being coaching carousel silly season. Should be interesting to see the dominos fall.
Think I would sign early, would be a relief to have the decision made and stop the insanity of today's recruiting world..

I think you’re on to something. I don’t remember it being discussed at all when the ESP was introduced. So many coaches are hired after the bowl games that it’d be almost impossible to “trust” a coach during this season. I think early signing day sound be a day or 2 after the NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back