Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah there was a game where Tee Martin moved to the sideline and we saw greater rotation amongst the receivers. I think it was MSU. Keyton had a big catch. Means was in there on the Byrd touchdown pass throwing a big block. After the game they said him being on the sideline helped with the rotation.

But then the last few weeks we resorted back to the sole reliance on MC, JJ, and JP. Can’t fault the results but still...

For sure!..I understand completely but you just never know what you have until you call on them.Tyler Byrd I feel like would have had more production being in the slot along with Ramel.the plays you mentioned,helped others come through.I’m just a firm believer in if you do something good that results in a positive play (etc.) the “Means block” you should be rewarded in a sense of a play being called your way and I feel like means was just used as a blocker for others which isn’t fun after a while but it helps the team.Keyton proved himself in my opinion with that catch which was a very difficult one at that.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
they've got to find something to complain about....they've beaten the JJ face step to death, now they are moving on to JG. December will be a long month, regardless of the bowl we get. It won't be good enough....they will rehash the first two games of the season.

Lol it was Vandy.i don’t hate JG or anyone for that matter but the way he played Saturday against Vandy wouldn’t have won against Kentucky or Missouri.he still has some of his old tendencies but he has shown improvement,not! major improvements though.hes slowly gaining his confidence and awareness back,his feel for the game I guess is the best way to put it.He’s still very much within reach of his own dog house.

Think Pruitt gets a raise and extension pretty soon here.

Also, don't be surprised if coaches like Tee and others on staff interview for jobs.
Rumor is an extension through 2026... No clue on the dollar amount though.

Last edited:
Lol it was Vandy.i don’t hate JG or anyone for that matter but the way he played Saturday against Vandy wouldn’t have won against Kentucky or Missouri.he still has some of his old tendencies but he has shown improvement,not! major improvements though.hes slowly gaining his confidence and awareness back,his feel for the game I guess is the best way to put it.He’s still very much within reach of his own dog house.

Meh, it was rainy and his grandmother had died 2 days earlier, so I don't know how focused he was at first. And he may have just needed time to adjust to throwing a wet ball. He started 0-7 but finished 6-10.

Arkansas has a few things that make it a better spot.

1. Little Rock is the largest city in the state by population
2. Only show in town, no other instate rivals to compete with
3. Big buck boosters
4. Geography to other SEC recruiting grounds (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Memphis)
Except the university of arkansas is in Fayetteville, which is still better than Columbia or oxford

Meh, it was rainy and his grandmother had died 2 days earlier, so I don't know how focused he was at first. And he may have just needed time to adjust to throwing a wet ball. He started 0-7 but finished 6-10.

Wasn’t aware of the grandmother situation and I’ll give him the Vandy game as a complete wash because of the rain and replace it with SC.his decent football ability didint show until it was time to get serious to go “bowling”

Reactions: Sleegro
Changeitbackchangeitbackchangeitback

If i were the NCAA president:

- I think you take away signing day in February. Make one signing period (last week of December).
-Jan 1 til Feb 28th is completely dead from recruiting. No contact or anything.
-March 1st make this date open recruitment and start spring practices/workouts
-make June 1st - July 31st open transfer window for transfers. No stipulations on where you can and can’t and no having to sit out.

Reactions: Bms4880 and ATHiker
If i were the NCAA president:

- I think you take away signing day in February. Make one signing period (last week of December).
-Jan 1 til Feb 28th is completely dead from recruiting. No contact or anything.
-March 1st make this date open recruitment and start spring practices/workouts
-make June 1st - July 31st open transfer window for transfers. No stipulations on where you can and can’t and no having to sit out.
June through July would be sheer madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back