Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, yes that’s exactly what it means. I know you’re emotional, are you dense too?

He doesn’t start on Defense. He is on the Special Teams. That’s an important part of the game.

You still haven’t answered who he’s going to start over.
I'm not the one being dense. If a guy is in the 2 deep he is going to play a lot of snaps even if he never starts...yes he would probably play ST, but that isn't ALL he would be...which is what you implied.

Bc the big schools avoid them, bigger schools have everything to lose while the smaller school has everything to gain. I.e Memphis & UT football...
That doesn't change the fact that their schedules are garbage. Regardless of the reasons they play a laughable schedule.

Your argument is rooted in opinion without logical reasoning. You cannot provide a vakid excuse as to why an undefeated D1 team shouldn't be allowed to prove themselves on the field. Until you do, your opinions on the matter are wholly irrelevant.
Moving goal posts. None of the 3 bubble teams you listed are undefeated.

That doesn't change the fact that their schedules are garbage. Regardless of the reasons they play a laughable schedule.
Lol it does change the fact that their non- comference schedule is garbage. What you just made 0 sense. If i try to schedule really good or elite power 5 teams and they ghost me, what is the next resort? Playing teams like vandys and syracuses of the world's

Reactions: Sleegro
Lol it does change the fact that their non- comference schedule is garbage. What you just made 0 sense. If i try to schedule really good or elite power 5 teams and they ghost me, what is the next resort? Playing teams like vandys and syracuses of the world's
It makes 100% sense. 😂

So what you're saying is they actually do play a good schedule because of the fact they can't schedule better teams?

It's a move to reduce the influence of our league, don't you think? And to include by by-law other geographic regions for ad money, without consideration of which teams are best. I think you're being played.

What “logical” reason can you provide for G5 team that played a garbage schedule getting in?

Because that’s the reason. They don’t play a worthy schedule, kid.
The logical reason in the UCF case is that they are undefeated, won their conference, and have the potential to compete with P5 programs if given the opportunity (which they did, so did Boise years before). There's also the reasoning that it means more football, which is a fun thing to watch.

Why sit here and continue to debate whether or not a team like that could make it to a national title game when we can allow them to prove that they can or cannot make it there? Allowing them in a playoff is not allowing them to play for a title. It's providing a chance for them to prove their worthiness.

As someone has already pointed out, its difficult for them to schedule P5 programs because nobody wants to play them at risk of being beaten. Also, allowing a single G5 rep prevents multiple decent G5 programs from scheduling cupcakes to go undefeated. They still have to have the best resume of the G5 teams. Reason with me here.

Dial it back. You’re way too f@ckin emotional.

Nothing wrong with a kid playing 4 years on ST’s. That’s contributing. It’s important.

Who’s Beasley gonna start over on Defense?
He's playing quite a bit at DB as a true freshman. Not a stretch to see him start next year. Have you watched him play?

The logical reason in the UCF case is that they are undefeated, won their conference, and have the potential to compete with P5 programs if given the opportunity (which they did, so did Boise years before). There's also the reasoning that it means more football, which is a fun thing to watch.

Why sit here and continue to debate whether or not a team like that could make it to a national title game when we can allow them to prove that they can or cannot make it there? Allowing them in a playoff is not allowing them to play for a title. It's providing a chance for them to prove their worthiness.

As someone has already pointed out, its difficult for them to schedule P5 programs because nobody wants to play them at risk of being beaten. Also, allowing a single G5 rep prevents multiple decent G5 programs from scheduling cupcakes to go undefeated. They still have to have the best resume of the G5 teams. Reason with me here.
Yea, yea, yea.... we know. Everybody gets a trophy, everybody deserves a chance. It’s only “fair”

@85SugarVol I fully welcome concluding with the idea that we both agree to disagree, I just simply believe there are more valid reasons to provide the top G5 team a chance to be a Cinderella than there are reasons to not afford them that opportunity.

I asked you a question. You're arguing a point I'm not. You're arguing that bigger teams won't schedule them. I'm arguing their schedules suck. Can both not be true?

The fact is, most of those teams want a home and home. Most big time programs are not giving up a home game to a 30k stadium. It's stupid to think they would.

I was thinking about a comment Pruitt made earlier in the year about how thin we were at the start of the season, especially on defense, due to injuries, transfers, or whatever. That also forced some guys to play out of position.

I know Bituli was injured early. Gooden went down. Buchanan, I think we learned about in the summer. Thompson was suspended. Flowers broke his leg. Trey Smith didn't practice. Jordan Allen had a hip issue.

Will Ignont, Shanon Reid, Jacquez Jones, Terrell Bailey and Maleik Gray transferred.

Anyone I'm missing?

*Edits: Jordan Murphy transferred and I remembered that Garland missed about three weeks of practice while he was in the transfer portal.

Last edited:
If they won they would get a trophy, yes. Winning gets you a trophy.

The fact you cannot respond to any of that intellectually tells me enough.
Intellectually? You point to 2 outlier examples. One from years ago in a meaningless game. The other in a meaningless game against a beat up Auburn that wanted nothing to do with being there.

You’ve made no valid point. It’s just your opinion. You want Cinderella to get a chance. It’s just not fair!

I was thinking about a comment Pruitt made earlier in the year about how thin we were at the start of the season, especially on defense, due to injuries, transfers, or whatever. That also forced some guys to play out of position.

I know Bituli was injured early. Gooden went down. Buchanan, I think we learned about in the summer. Thompson was suspended. Flowers broke his leg. Trey Smith didn't practice. Jordan Allen had a hip issue.

Will Ignont, Shanon Reid, Jacquez Jones, Terrell Bailey and Maleik Gray transferred.

Anyone I'm missing?
Murphy too

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back