Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really

Still the same appeal process that very very very few kids ever use now or then. They just tuck their tale and leave

I wish they would challenge at times
No doubt kids get pushed out. But they aren't going to stay on the team, yet no scholarship. They would take medical before that.

There is a kind of VN connoisseurship -- or perhaps more accurately not wholly unamusing time suck -- wherein one who has multiple posters on ignore and witnesses a string of folks rebuking air, attempts to identify the miscreant without unblocking, relying solely on the content, tone, and number of the rebuttals.

Just getting on today. Looks like you’ve saved me a lot of trouble of trying to catch up. I’ll just hit that LIVE button.

Most want to play more than anything else. If that means transferring to do it they will. Yes, they could stay on scholarship with an appeal but at that point you know you're likely not going to see the field.
I agree.

I know of one specific instance where a kid appealed and stayed in school. He was so close to gradation it made sense. He then grad transferred and played elsewhere.

I agree.

I know of one specific instance where a kid appealed and stayed in school. He was so close to gradation it made sense. He then grad transferred and played elsewhere.
Specific huh? Sounds like they would have a name! 😎

I agree.

That's a situation where the athlete should definitely exercise his/her rights to appeal and tbh, coaches and schools are in the wrong if they don't at least try to work something out if a kid is that close to graduation and wants to stay for that. Otherwise, it just makes more sense to leave if you want to play. No one wants to stick around where they feel they won't have a chance. Coaches/schools that handle it right often have places in mind where their former athlete might be a fit but that takes extra effort and caring about the student athlete.

Just getting on today. Looks like you’ve saved me a lot of trouble of trying to catch up. I’ll just hit that LIVE button.
Baron tweeted that he would announce on early signing day Dec. 18. I can't recall anything else, but I've been working a lot. Tell me if you see something good from earlier.

dude. wth is that for?

All insiders, AtlVol, well, just Atl, have said he want his moment in sun. not a surprise.
To be honest I'm expecting Atlanta to whiff on this one like he did Hardy. There's just no way of knowing for sure until the ink is dry. Seems like all signs other than Atlanta saying "Vol" point to him going elsewhere.

You should be the only person with that opinion. He’s the most complete QB prospect this decade. You saw what bama looked like against us with him.....:a lot like us.
I agree he is good. But it was too early to tell. We had figured out how to get pressure on him. And we already had 1 INT. (Just defending our guys.)

To be honest I'm expecting Atlanta to whiff on this one like he did Hardy. There's just no way of knowing for sure until the ink is dry. Seems like all signs other than Atlanta saying "Vol" point to him going elsewhere.

never had a gut feeling on YohoMeHardy. Still sticking to my guns on Baron. It's absolutely wishful thinking & emotionally fabricated. iow my Vol heart is telling ze noodle how to feel.

All foolishness aside. This staff is going to have to win some of these H2H battles for Dlinemen. Ive been passive on this (flame away Butchna), but, talent makes a difference in trenches. Yes i do trust this staff to evaluate but typically theres a reason why a Dlineman has 20 offers.

So, how many biggest games does one have? It seems like every game someone is saying it's the biggest game ….

To me it was Kentucky, and we won. Obviously still have to win one more, but Vandy looks like an easy win. No huge difference between 6-6 and 7-5 and we might even get the same bowl destination either way.

I agree he is good. But it was too early to tell. We had figured out how to get pressure on him. And we already had 1 INT. (Just defending our guys.)
Every QB throws ints and makes poor decisions. He drove the ball right down the field prior to that and made a poor decision instead of just throwing the ball away.

never had a gut feeling on YohoMeHardy. Still sticking to my guns on Baron. It's absolutely wishful thinking & emotionally fabricated. iow my Vol heart is telling ze noodle how to feel.
These kids lie and lead folks on all the time. Short of it being blood kin, it's probably not wise to ever guarantee a kid is going somewhere. Setting yourself up for criticism, if that means anything to you. By all accounts it seems like Atlanta is an awesome dude, but he's far from batting a thousand on this stuff. We'll see.

This is a trash game. Missouri belongs in the Bg12. I literally want us, and fully expect us to, and get angry if we dont anhilate these pretenders. I cannot stand this matchup.'Its literally an extra game for the SEC.
Agreed. Very big game for Pruitt coming off a bye week. We need to roll up these next two and then hit the trail hard before early signing period. They will have a future state to sell plus proof points from the second half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back