Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all, chief. You don't get to harm someone physically because they said mean words.
Not sure how it works nowadays as I don't keep up with criminal law but courts have historically allowed juries to consider fighting words. plenty of people have walked based on provocation.

I just want to say that I hope Memphis finds out that one and done means one game and done. I feel a little bad for Wiseman, but he will get paid very well after this season, regardless.

A threat is different than a mean name. It wont work.
What little I am reading is that it isn't an affirmative defense but it can be used to mitigate damages in a civil case. End of the day, it all depends on the jury. Plenty of rednecks in Maury County who may be sympathetic to the employee. Only need one of those on your jury in a criminal case.

Reactions: RikidyBones
No, just a low carb tortilla. I bake it first and it puffs up a little. That may make it look thicker than it really is.

Edit:. I take that back. That's a Carbquick crust. Still about the same carbs for the same size.
Never heard of it. Thanks for the info. Now I’m going to create a pizza for my clients with impossible Macros

What little I am reading is that it isn't an affirmative defense but it can be used to mitigate damages in a civil case. End of the day, it all depends on the jury. Plenty of rednecks in Maury County who may be sympathetic to the employee. Only need one of those on your jury in a criminal case.

She was walking away. Play that video and there is zero sympathy for people that attacked her.

She was walking away. Play that video and there is zero sympathy for people that attacked her.
We live in a politically and racially charged society. It ain't right, but plenty of folks of all stripes will side with whoever it is that they identify as their people. This will probably get pled down to a misdemeanor.

We live in a politically and racially charged society. It ain't right, but plenty of folks of all stripes will side with whoever it is that they identify as their people. This will probably get pled down to a misdemeanor.

I don't know. It might seem that way based on media, but overall I think most people are decent human beings and don't think this is right, no matter what people we think they identify with. In my mind, I identify right from wrong. Wouldn't have mattered to me if that was a white guy slamming a black woman. I would still think the one doing the slamming was wrong. But, I guess we will see. I just hate that we allow ourselves to be divided sometimes. We all know deep down what is right in this situation. People say stupid stuff all the time, it's the double edged sword that is free speech. I would personally much rather learn to shrug off idiot comments than to lose free speech.

Oh well, on to game day! Go VOLS, smack the cats....the right way!

Never heard of it. Thanks for the info. Now I’m going to create a pizza for my clients with impossible Macros
61QlvmV%2BW1L._AC_SY400_.jpg

I don't know. It might seem that way based on media, but overall I think most people are decent human beings and don't think this is right, no matter what people we think they identify with. In my mind, I identify right from wrong. Wouldn't have mattered to me if that was a white guy slamming a black woman. I would still think the one doing the slamming was wrong. But, I guess we will see. I just hate that we allow ourselves to be divided sometimes. We all know deep down what is right in this situation. People say stupid stuff all the time, it's the double edged sword that is free speech. I would personally much rather learn to shrug off idiot comments than to lose free speech.

Oh well, on to game day! Go VOLS, smack the cats....the right way!
A white guy slammin a black woman is running to a country with no social media!

Weismann looked awesome guys. I know we like to see our rivals suffer, but it’s the truth. This dude is a #1 pick and instant starter in NBA.

Also, what’s the reasoning on Plavsic getting a waiver? I thought a transfer had to sit a year?

Looked to me like they were "walking" her away when the slam took place. She was intent on staying in the restaurant. Not that it makes any difference.

Doesn’t matter what she said. He physically assaulted her and did so as an agent of the restaurant who will be vicariously liable for the actions of its employee while on the job. Popeyes will pay her for her injuries and pain and suffering. She may file suit but it’ll never go before a judge or jury. They’ll settle long before then. The only problem she may encounter was this was an intentional act which would void most insurance policies but I’m guessing they don’t try to hang their hat on that in a situation like this. Just my guess

A business is generally not liable for intentional acts of its employees unless it had reason to know the employee was violent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back