Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched UK vs Missouri today:

This game is going to be really similar to Georgia tech when we played them. Pretty much every play they run has some sort of motion, read, or option (speed or rpo). Bituli and Henry T are going to have their toughest test of the season maybe. Very few times are they doing straight drop backs and passes, when they do it’s either verticals or they’re flooding a side of the field and sprinting out that way.

They have been running this little fake speed option - QB counter Play that has been really effective. They also tried to run a back side throw back pass off this play too. So that’s something to keep an eye out for. Here is that play.

View attachment 236857
Gonna be interesting to see how much we blitz this game, we have been a lot the last few weeks and playing more cover 1 and even 0 but that could be risky against all this misdirection. Also i wonder how much D. Taylor will end you spying instead of just straight rushing.
Certainly need to have someone spying that can run with their WR / quarterback and most importantly can tackle.

Wait, Penny paid for this family to move to Memphis before he was HC but while he was still a rich and famous alum/booster and they expected any other ruling?! This would be like Peyton Manning paying the family of the number one QB and projected 1st pick of the NFL Draft to move to Knoxville. I'm sure no one would see that as a problem, right? Add on Peyton then becoming HC and it gets worse but just moving him here as a alum/booster would be more than enough without becoming a coach/HC.

Wait, Penny paid for this family to move to Memphis before he was HC but while he was still a rich and famous alum/booster and they expected any other ruling?! This would be like Peyton Manning paying the family of the number one QB and projected 1st pick of the NFL Draft to move to Knoxville. I'm sure no one would see that as a problem, right? Add on Peyton then becoming HC and it gets worse but just moving him here as a alum/booster would be more than enough without becoming a coach/HC.

Thats exactly how it should be viewed.

Me walking into an upper deck Neyland stadium bathroom:

what_year_is_it.jpg
I took my sons (15 and 12 yrs old) to the USC game a couple of weeks ago, their 1st game. We sat in section MM, right under the jumbotron. We walked into that upperdeck bathroom right before kickoff and it's wall to wall troughs and half full of dudes peeing and my younger son started giggling. I thought he was going to get my butt kicked. Why do awkward moments seem to be the most memorable?

RIP Troughs

Last edited:
Is Bowden or their old QB starting at QB? Also, I've heard from Kentucky peeps that Bowden is a bit banged up.
This is interesting news, if he’s banged up. I wouldn’t have thought that since they had a week off. I am not sure which one at QB would be easier for us to defend.

Says a guy who never has to stand in line for a million years because y'all got those troughs. Now you'll have to wait ten whole minutes longer than before while we still get stuck with fewer toilets than y'all have urinals.

For the record, I'm willing to spend someone else's money to fix everyone's problems in Neyland Stadium.

Wiseman should play...kids are getting paid all over the country to play b-ball and football..

Ridiculous.

Reactions: you
This is interesting news, if he’s banged up. I wouldn’t have thought that since they had a week off. I am not sure which one at QB would be easier for us to defend.

I don't think it's anything major - just the wear and tear of it being late in the season but I'll take it even if it only slows him down by half a percentage point. As for defending... I think the standard QB would be easier for us. Line is playing well and so is the secondary. We're first in ints but that advantage doesn't matter all that much against a QB that doesn't throw. Also, a more traditional blocking scheme would be easier on our guys. JMO.

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol
This has been Chaneys go to play call especially in the Redzone and he’s been creative about disguising it.

Jennings has been running these double moves that turn into inside verts. Caught one for TD vs SC, was open for a TD for one vs UAB. Here are the two plays diagramed:

View attachment 236754

This is the one vs SC. We had been dragging him in this four verticals plays all day so it was a great time to use this.

I really like this next design that we did vs UAB. We went 11 personnel (which i don’t think we should ever get out of). Motion the RB to show man with a small pump screen. We also stacked Pope and Jennings, they do a cross release where Jennings starts his route under pope. so they can’t press or jam at that point. Jennings does an out and up and is open but ball is just late.

View attachment 236757

So *PREDICTION TIME*

Jennings is going to score off a outside variation of this play vs Uk where he will either run a squirrel route (3 moves, If pass pro holds up, will go out, up, and out... probably over top of a short out or hook for a Hi/Low action)
View attachment 236759
Or
We could run a Shock concept where he’s going corner route over top of short Ins like this.
View attachment 236761

Take it to the bank.
Thanks, Hank!

Did you get my response last night about running everyone vertical to beat the cover 4. I never heard back and I thought that you thought I was ridiculous.

Can what you suggest (above) beat cover 4?
You can stop big plays. Just play cover 4. The panthers did it against the Texans this year virtually the whole game.

It looks like to me if you commit to more than 4 guys down there, you can make a play.

---
Thanks for the UK one, too.

Reactions: HankHill
Shelby County judge put hold on NCAA ruling and Wiseman is going to play tonight

This is exactly why Memphis gets a bad rep for being corrupt. That would never happen in Knox Co. That said, I don't see what power a Judge has over an NCAA ruling. The NCAA doesn't make laws or punish in any judicial sense. It's a voluntary organization with rules everyone has to follow if they choose to participate. It can and will enforce its rules. What's the angle being taken here that puts it in real court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back