Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I can go to USC to be AD, and they give me an open checkbook to hire Urban Meyer...what on earth is the hangup there?

I have no idea of the specifics, but what it says to me is that as good of a coach as he is on the field, Meyer is not worth it from an AD’s perspective. Since about midway trough his tenure at Florida, I have felt like hiring him was selling your soul a bit as a program. Maybe there is something to that. Maybe prospective AD’s don’t want to left left holding an Aaron Hernandez or Zac Smith bag when Meyer inevitably moves on.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I don't hate it but would he be able to adapt to today's game? Things have changed a lot since he was coaching the ole Titans

Herm seems to be doing fine, and he had been away from coaching a lot longer than Fisher has (who spent time building the Rams until 2016 when they let him go after moving BACK to LA).

Herm seems to be doing fine, and he had been away from coaching a lot longer than Fisher has (who spent time building the Rams until 2016 when they let him go after moving BACK to LA).
Forgot about the stint with the Rams my B, but it seems easy to forget for a reason..... he never even went .500

It's quite the opposite, they've informed all candidates that they can NOT hire Urban Meyer as the next coach.

You are correct, I went back and read it again. The administration at USC is telling all prospective AD candidates that they will not be permitted to hire Urban Meyer if they take the job.

So it sounds like AD’s are fine with working with Meyer, but that USC, still taking PR hits from the Lori Loughlin/Felicity Huffman scandal, is worried about another one if they hire Meyer.

Reactions: drvenner
We need 2 more good recruiters imo
Who is our top 3 right now. Some of whom I expected to be great recruiters I never hear anything about.

We know Neids would be the #1. after that I am not sure. I know Johnson has a lot of influence. So who and how would you rank our top 3 recruiters

I'd call Jeff Fisher if I was hiring a new HC at USC.

1. He's an alumni from there, so he'd have great support from boosters/former players
2. He's got a good track record at the NFL level
3. With the recent success of Herm Edwards (in the PAC-12 too) be the best time to make this sort of hire for them
Jack Del Rio.

Apparently we’re all very sensitive.
Being serious for a moment..
I don't get mad at little jokes or shots Ubben has taken, don't even remember what he said, tbh.

But I get annoyed seeing the media around other programs always selling their team, while ours have earned their reputation for the opposite. Someone like DU comes along and you think "hey, maybe"??

Idgad about his positive articles, doesn't mean squat. Because most kids aren't subscribed to the Athletic...but they sure as hell on Twitter tho.
Positive press doesn't do a lot but we can always use it. Basically as simple as "you're part of the solution or you're part of the problem".
His Tweets were easy to predict after hanging with The Sports Source crew. Maybe he'll get that permanent spot when Hyams says to hell with it and runs off to Tahiti.
But I don't hate him, just no respect for the 15th squawking Parrot on the fence. Want to stand out? Try doing something new and different, instead.
Jmo.

If...Weinke was to leave and we chose not to add another offensive coach, I'd reshuffle responsibility this way.

OC/OL - Chaney
QB/PGC - Tee Martin
WR - Johnson
RB/RGC - Will Friend
TE - Nieds

Probably even out the money a bit too so Friend isn't making so much more than the other guys, it's a promotion for Tee to be back with QBs...Johnson may not like getting yo-yo'd between positions, but Friend's only other positional experience is with RBs and with Chaney being heavily involved with OL this would make good sense.
Nah. Just make Chaney the QB coach and keep everything the same

Being serious for a moment..
I don't get mad at little jokes or shots Ubben has taken, don't even remember what he said, tbh.

But I get annoyed seeing the media around other programs always selling their team, while ours have earned their reputation for the opposite. Someone like DU comes along and you think "hey, maybe"??

Idgad about his positive articles, doesn't mean squat. Because most kids aren't subscribed to the Athletic...but they sure as hell on Twitter tho.
Positive press doesn't do a lot but we can always use it. Basically as simple as "you're part of the solution or you're part of the problem".
His Tweets were easy to predict after hanging with The Sports Source crew. Maybe he'll get that permanent spot when Hyams says to hell with it and runs off to Tahiti.
But I don't hate him, just no respect for the 15th squawking Parrot on the fence. Want to stand out? Try doing something new and different, instead.
Jmo.
Always found it kind've funny how the grass was so green every where but UT in that regard, hell even a UAB writer was doing position by position edges and giving the bulk of them to UAB. Seems like everywhere you go but UT they're wearing glasses tinted the color of their team

Jorts flag

priceless

SadZn8k.jpg

Always found it kind've funny how the grass was so green every where but UT in that regard, hell even a UAB writer was doing position by position edges and giving the bulk of them to UAB. Seems like everywhere you go but UT they're wearing glasses tinted the color of their team
Heck, I don't even need homers, just stop tripping over themselves for who can take the best shot in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back