Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think that Lane Kiffin is the perfect fit for FSU. His problem has been that FAU is a hole to recruit to (I’m an alum). You’re never going to compete in recruiting bringing guys to Boca Raton. Heck, at least UCF is in Orlando, and has a much larger footprint. Give Kiffin the swagger of that program, and a realistic chance to recruit elite Athletes and he’d do well.

For 2 years until he was fired for spending too much time with the local co-eds.

No way Ron, FSU all day! He was the DC there for an ENTIRE season, born and raised in nearby Rainsville, AL. He also went to school at Alabama in Tuscaloosa which is real close by. He basically grew up in Doak Campbell Stadium's shadow man.

#dreamjob
Ohhhhh, so that explains why FSU has been in tank for a while.

I honestly think that Lane Kiffin is the perfect fit for FSU. His problem has been that FAU is a hole to recruit to (I’m an alum). You’re never going to compete in recruiting bringing guys to Boca Raton. Heck, at least UCF is in Orlando, and has a much larger footprint. Give Kiffin the swagger of that program, and a realistic chance to recruit elite Athletes and he’d do well.

For 2 years until he was fired for spending too much time with the local co-eds.
he failed at USC. He’s a bad HC. We need a strong FSU to take players from our southern rivals.

Seems Mark Stoops is the hire, be real surprised if he ain't announced soon.

Was their DC before taking the HC job at Kentucky. And he's managed 3 straight (likely 4 straight with UT Martin & Vandy still to play) bowl games there, which is well above expectations for UK.

Would like to see a stronger recruiter at FSU but since he's only going against Mullen, Leach could probably do a little damage.

Stoops is a good coach, I would rather the news break like on Friday. Given a week, he'll probably pull off some miracle win one for the Gipper speech.

Seems Mark Stoops is the hire, be real surprised if he ain't announced soon.

Was their DC before taking the HC job at Kentucky. And he's managed 3 straight (likely 4 straight with UT Martin & Vandy still to play) bowl games there, which is well above expectations for UK.

everything ive read (which is literally one article) says other names.

Would like to see a stronger recruiter at FSU but since he's only going against Mullen, Leach could probably do a little damage.

Stoops is a good coach, I would rather the news break like on Friday. Given a week, he'll probably pull off some miracle win one for the Gipper speech.

Whoa! Muhlin has best recruiter for student athletes, his wife.

Dude, that was quite a while ago and I thought he was rollin here.
You usually don’t get 2chances at elite programs let alone 3. He went 7-5 with a dozen NFL players and a couple first rounders on defense. I wouldn’t call that rolling.

I want FSU to be good. I think it helps us.

Head coaches are overated when it comes to recruiting. It’s assistants that do the heavy lifting.

Leach at Florida State would be a perfect test case for his style of play.

That fanbase is about as crazy as us so he’d have a super short leash. I’d love to see if he could recruit well enough to stay relevant.

They won’t hire him but he could throw a fishing net in a crowd of people and pull in more talent than he gets at Washington State.

He would have them #2 in the conference by the end of season 3

You usually don’t get 2chances at elite programs let alone 3. He went 7-5 with a dozen NFL players and a couple first rounders on defense. I wouldn’t call that rolling.

I want FSU to be good. I think it helps us.
I want them to be good as well, wife is much happier when they win and that is good for me. LK could work there and he’s been in Florida for a while now. It’s a political town, he‘ll fit right in.

Reactions: gainesvol82
They won’t hire him but he could throw a fishing net in a crowd of people and pull in more talent than he gets at Washington State.

He would have them #2 in the conference by the end of season 3
Yeah, part of me believes that but part of me believes they’d have a mass exodus on the current roster, struggle to recruit to Florida State’s standard, and he’d be out of there in three years.

I think he can win with lesser talent, but even if he got to 8 wins in year three they’d be ready to run him out of town.

2 sides to that imo. Yes, they do the real work, but usually, part of what they're selling is the HC also.

have you (not Charger) worked for a company with bad executive leadership? is your vision Fiji in spring time with dancing native girls carrying mai tai's? or, cold, rainy Dyersburg listening to insider recruiting 101- drinking Pabst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back