Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing OU at OU shouldn’t scare anyone. Team will be good, but that environment is not intimidating. We’ll have a team full of guys taking the next step looking to make a statement. Defense will give Ratler (or whatever grad transfer they get) the first real test and I think we can win that one.
Looks like I'm finally gonna get to see my Vols in person next year. Just a 3 hour shot from Dallas. Anyone know how, and when, I can buy tickets to that game?

Reactions: SmokinBob and bpvol
I wish we had 83 JJ's. Love that dude's game and attitude. He's going to will himself on an NFL roster.
I will be shocked if he isn’t drafted in first 3 rounds. Forget the measurables...the size of his heart is immeasurable. Losing isn’t in his vocabulary. His attitude would be infectious for a NFL roster. A GM would be crazy to not draft him in the first half of the draft.

I will be shocked if he isn’t drafted in first 3 rounds. Forget the measurables...the size of his heart is immeasurable. Losing isn’t in his vocabulary. His attitude would be infectious for a NFL roster. A GM would be crazy to not draft him in the first half of the draft.

Seems like he would be a good fit for the Titans.

Am I the only one feels a 21-0 first quarter coming on and 31-0 at halftime?
Only if we are dropping bombs. If we come out safe I think 13-7 half. Pull away after halftime aka after Pruitt tells the halftime reporter "our offense needs to be more aggressive".

Always a good sign when Pruitt calls for MORE STEAM.

Wondering if the NCAA will try to regulate the new student-athlete endorsement rules. People are saying the larger market areas will have an advantage to get more 5* athletes.

I tend to think it will open a whole new form of cheating. Boosters will be able to funnel cash through every small business in town to the football player(s) of choice. Players will receive thousands of dollars to allow their name to be associated with any business related weekend event. It will get out of control without some oversight.
This is why the ncaa made it illegal in the first place. Car dealerships will give out free cars, etc...Bama is hating this right now, it'll level the cheating playing field. Ncaa should have set up some rules to regulate it instead of being lazy about it and banning it altogether.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Coming off a 41-21 win over South Carolina, Tennessee returned to the practice field for its second workout in prep for UAB on Saturday (7 p.m., SEC Network).

The Vols were in shells, yet another change by Jeremy Pruitt to give his team a bit of a physical break.

All eyes were on the three quarterbacks, with Brian Maurer and Jarrett Guarantano back at practice. During individual work with the tailbacks, Guarantano, who sported a big white brace on his left hand/wrist that Rob Lewis deemed the Luke Skywalker hand, was very careful with the handoffs. He didn’t take nearly as many reps as Maurer or Shrout, either.

When the quarterbacks moved to routes on air, Shrout when first in the pass skeleton drill, with Maurer and Guarantano following suit. The group was solid overall, but the highlight of the period was Jauan Jennings taking a few reps at quarterback and chucking it deep, including hitting Tyler Byrd in stride on a seam route. On the very next rep, Jennings ran an in-route and caught a pass from Guarantano.

As we were leaving the field, Maurer took the first-team reps during 11-on-11 work.

Elsewhere, Tennessee was without two offensive lineman Tuesday, as Darnell Wright and Jahmir Johnson were observers as the rest of the unit worked under the watchful eye of Will Friend. Marcus Tatum was taking the first-team reps at right tackle with Wright out. Jeremy Pruitt actually opened practice watching the wideouts and OL, offering some encouragement and coaching to Ryan Johnson and Jerome Carvin before heading over to the defense to coach the cornerbacks.

The OL split into guards and tackles halfway through the period Tuesday, with Wanya Morris, Tatum, K’Rojhn Calbert and a couple walk-ons working on combo blocking with Brian Niedermeyer’s tight end group.

Defensively, just a few notable highlights. Quavaris Crouch was back at outside linebacker working with Chris Rumph’s unit. Crouch saw just four snaps Saturday, as the Vols were hesitant to take Daniel Bituli or Henry To’oto’o off the field. Meanwhile, Darrell Taylor was sporting a huge black brace on his left knee/leg but was going through individual work.

Tracy Rocker had his defensive line working on quick stems and pass rush stunts. Latrell Bumphus, who did not play against South Carolina, was with the first-team alongside Aubrey Solomon, Kurott Garland, Darel Middleton.

- Simonton

So I know we've had this conversation before, but I've had Playstation Vue so I never really paid attention, but since it's dropping soon and I don't want to miss any B-Ball this year. Which is better? Hulu live tv or YouTube TV? Why?

Lol @ gif....my spoon...is too biiig! The baby falling down the stairs...excessive bleeding....elite 00's youtube material.

Reactions: Rechoryan
So I know we've had this conversation before, but I've had Playstation Vue so I never really paid attention, but since it's dropping soon and I don't want to miss any B-Ball this year. Which is better? Hulu live tv or YouTube TV? Why?

Youtube TV is great! No experience with Hulu but I have all my locals and unlimited dvr. I also have espn+ to make sure I don’t miss any games.

They can make this real simple, legal, fair, and retain the student athlete model. At the end of the day the reason a lot of these kids are famous is due to the national exposure they are getting playing for that school. They should be able to make money of their likeness, but the school should have some say in how that is paid because they are providing the avenue for the income.

When students sign with a college out of high school, any proceeds that are earned by their likeness as an athlete for that school, is held in escrow or fund or whatever that is payable upon graduation from that institution. The player is making money, the university is benefiting and having a say, and there is incentive to be a student first. If there is no graduation the money is prorated according to some formula where the money is shared between the athlete and the school institution upon the athlete's departure.

They can make this real simple, legal, fair, and retain the student athlete model.

Not at you, but almost anything anyone does in paying a student athlete is legal. A lot of people seem to speak about legal/illegal when it comes to paying players. Rarely is anything federally/locally illegal occurring, just against the NCAA rules (outside of bagmen not filing gift tax returns).

To your overall post - I still don't see how this treats SAs as any other student. Any other student is able to earn whatever they can. But yet SAs must be restricted in some ways (access, capital growth, etc)? I know it is constitutional, but if their real pursuit is giving SAs equal ability to earn as all other students, then this would not achieve it. But I doubt it is, it will be to allow them income freedom "with the collegiate model". Nominal dollar limits, or Fair Market Value caps IYAM.

Last edited:
Who spells Bennett, if DT rests the knee most or all of the game?
Or, if even what I have here is outdated or in error, someone help a brother out here, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back