Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this, as I assume you had inside info, and this explanation makes way more sense. Watching the MS game, concussion just didn't make sense, as there was relatively gentle head impact, but then he hyperextended his neck with all his weight adding to the force of the fall going straight down the axis of the spinal cord with his cervical spine in a position where it couldn't carry a load. He then grabbed his upper neck. That's a good mechanism for either a teardrop or C1 burst fracture. I was initially quite relieved to see him moving all 4 limbs. After he was taken out but kept nonchalantly on the sideline, neck sprain, disc herniation or pinched nerve seemed most likely given the mechanics and overall lack of concern for more serious injury by medical staff. Then tonight, he falls backwards into the back of the OL thigh/knee. Again, soft head impact into a pretty soft area of the OLs body, but got hyperflexed. Hopefully just exacerbated a sprain and was held out as a precaution, and will need an MRI to confirm no ligamentous damage, worsened disc herniation or instability before being cleared.
you must be a doctor. (edit: and I mean that seriously)

Last edited:
JG along with the refs quite literally lost the game for us. He was that bad. And yes Maurer has yet another concussion

Not the first time JG has lost a game for us.why are you surprised?😂😂 luckily that play cost him the whole locker room,nobody will want to go to war with him after that.such a butch jones like selfish play,JG is all about JG not the team I am not surprised at all. Hopefully none is left to defend that sorry A$$ loser.

Boy's I saw glimpses of a very good Defense.
Oh my, so many players to shout out for their best game yet. This was a team builder and absolutely awesome play.
I know those who did the dumb plays guys but other than that there are so many good things that comes out of this game I don't know where to start.
Except for the Darrell Taylor foul and JG this team really begins to build. Awesome I'm telling you absolutely awesome. We have a real team blooming. I'M PROUD OF YOU GUYS. GREAT GAME

Not to mention “eye popping “ for recruits.what they witnessed was a team with a lot less talent,compete down to the final minute with the number 1# team in the country on top of fighting against the refs.i promise you recruits seeing just how rigged a game can be for bama will only make them want to beat them even more,nobody likes a cheater.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Shame on some of our fans and local media
All week we were told their too big, too tough, number 1, can’t be beat, we were gonna get killed they said but we hung neck and neck and maybe were the more physical team. Great effort by the guys tonight. These guys are hopefully coming on strong. GBO!!!! **** Hyams and Ubben.... that’s all
Don’t tell some of these delusional Bama fans that. I was told this on FB, when I mentioned the rest of the SEC should ban together and tell the SEC to either call the games fair or we won’t play Bama...this lady tells me quit blaming something else because we can’t be competitive. Lol! I asked her if she even watched the game or did she wake up at 2 and check the score.

Still wondering how in the world Jeudy was cleared to return that fast..dude couldn't stand up
And they strapped his helmet on for him. Put the kid’s health at risk. Saban doesn’t care a lick about his players and their health. He just wants to win at all costs. I can’t believe parents of players don’t see that, and start deterring their sons from going to play for him.

And they strapped his helmet on for him. Put the kid’s health at risk. Saban doesn’t care a lick about his players and their health. He just wants to win at all costs. I can’t believe parents of players don’t see that, and start deterring their sons from going to play for him.
Saban probably told the refs to flag anyone who even breathes on him the rest of the game. He was perfectly safe.

Reactions: Pane di mais
All the parents see is $$$$$$$$$

Reactions: jjvols and Rishvol
Has it been confirmed that Maurer even had a concussion last week? It looks like he was just in protocol. Same for this week. Are we even sure he had concussions? He could have just been in protocol both games and be fine.

cmon man. several lay practitioners have offered opinion here. we know its a neck injury, or, do we? perhaps its a large scale coverup instituted by Sankey Pankey, and Tricky Nick? Jeremy is just a puppet?

i do know one damn thing, that officiating cree should be relieved of duties eff immediately. that was unfprofessional, wreckless & dangerous. shame on them! horrible.

Even the normally reserved Tim Irwin isn’t holding back on JG. Says it is one more in a long line of bad decisions in big moments that are the reason JG lost his starting job.

Also said the officiating was a “travesty.” Even State Run Radio not holding back this morning.
Makes Ubben seem more like an ass for making fun of Tennessee fans.

Man, hard to take the bs refs last night. We were so close to actually making this a full 60 minute game but were robbed by the rigged refs.

So proud of our coaches, players and fans though. The grit and improvement this team showed last night was wonderful to see. Except for JG. Hope he leaves Knoxville today. Play Shrout and JJ at QB if Maurer can’t go. JG is done here.

Really looking forward to the rest of the season now. We’re going bowling. Also looking forward to beating that red team in Knoxville next fall.

Oh and @David Ubben you can gfy. You should pack your bags and leave with JG today.

Last edited:
Even the normally reserved Tim Irwin isn’t holding back on JG. Says it is one more in a long line of bad decisions in big moments that are the reason JG lost his starting job.

Also said the officiating was a “travesty.” Even State Run Radio not holding back this morning.
Everyone in the nation, outside of anyone associated with Alabama, knows that it was a complete hose job against our guys.

A few hours later and I am still so proud of our players and coaches! I am honestly surprised that Pruitt did not get a penalty and ejected during the game. He had every single right to continue arguing the trash penalties until he got ejected.

What do you guys say that we as Volnation come together and start a movement to #WINOUT? I 100% Believe that this team can do it, but they need the full backing of our Fanbase to get them energized to get through the next three weeks until a bye week to get healthy again. We are going to be pretty banged up after last night. It is easy to have a let down in any of the next three games, so they need our backing to push them through.

Lastly, it is time to get JJ fully ready to play quarterback. We are going to actually need him multiple times in the next five games to win them all. How crazy would it be for it to come full circle that he ends his career playing quarterback at Tennessee, and lead this team to 6 wins in a row (including bowl), Which would fully catapult us into a possible huge rise in the program next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back