Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pruitt doesn’t really have a choice but to play BM next week.
He does have a choice. You don't risk the health of an 18 year old kid for a football game. I love TN Football as much as anyone. But I don't want any of these young men to knowingly suffer permanent damage to their health.

It was all over, but they could have took a closer look at that Callaway kick return he broke open as I'm not completely convinced he did step out of bounds.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
There are some officiating calls I can objectively agree with. Bituli targeted. Forced a fumble but that was irrelevant as the targeting caused it.

The hit on Maurer was within the steps allowed for a hit. Cheap shot, no penalty, imo

The JJ wildcats hold on Morris was awful. The stop of the clock was unbelievable.

Darrell Taylor call was borderline. That was very weak. Tiny little push and I think dreams from the QB. I can see the call, but that’s a very weak call to make
Stopped the game for no reason when we caught them off guard in wildcat. No explanation.

It was all over, but they could have took a closer look at that Callaway kick return he broke open as I'm not completely convinced he did step out of bounds.

If that was Bama, they would have let that play go and then spent five minutes trying to find the right angle to say it’s inconclusive.

Few things....

1. Gotta get other wr's involved besides JJ.
2. My biggest issue with the refs was when they inexplicably stopped the clock when we first lined JJ up in the wildcat.
3. Our DL is getting better
4. #5 needs to be more involved in the passing game.
5. Tim Jordan should get vote for most improved player
6. The call on DT is at least debatable so I would lean toward just leaving your hands off when in doubt.
7. Effort is not an issue
8. I've no issue with cjp's reaction to the fumble.
9. JG...SMH.
10. Maurer's health is the single most important factor in how this season ends for us.

This is not an indictment on anyone but Ive have never seen a receiver targeted so much on deep balls and connect on so few, if any (sans Auburn ‘18) lol.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back