Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN pop up promo at the bottom of the Pitt game just now for Tennessee vs Bama.

It had Tua next to Jeudy

Rustles my jimmies fiercely. They couldn’t put a Tennessee player up opposite of a Bama player? Really? Two Bama players?

😡

Probably because we are just an afterthought to them and bama. Makes me hate bama that much more (didn’t think that was possible).

ESPN pop up promo at the bottom of the Pitt game just now for Tennessee vs Bama.

It had Tua next to Jeudy

Rustles my jimmies fiercely. They couldn’t put a Tennessee player up opposite of a Bama player? Really? Two Bama players?

😡

I love the new Directv channel 208A ESPNFU. Great content there. Lol

Reactions: quadlee21
Probably because we are just an afterthought to them and bama. Makes me hate bama that much more (didn’t think that was possible).
Jennings has good stats this year. Trey Smith is regarded as a first round pick. Brian Maurer just took the starting job as a true freshman... Just choose a Tennessee player

I’m pretty sure I have enjoyed over half of the third Saturdays in October The Good Lord is going to bless me with so I am not about to throw one away tomorrow. I’m going to enjoy it no matter what

With that said I’m going to take a trip down memory lane.

82 is the first memory I have of the 3rd Saturday in October. Sitting around a radio listening to John Ward call the victory with my GrandFather. Man oh man what I’d do to have this one day over again.

85 is the next memory. Dale Jones Just grabbed it out of mid air and Little ole Van tiffin couldn’t get it done

87or 88 I Remember that damn Toss sweep over and over and over and over again

91 I went to the 9-6 game with my Dad. I remember walking what seemed like miles to the car afterword and still hearing those bastards cheering Roll Tide.

94 I remember very distinctly walking out of Neyland stadium saying with 110% confidence the Vols were coming and that Bama wasn’t going to beat us again for a long time

And in 95 it took one glorious play to prove that true. Touchdown on play number 1

The 2008 game was SO hard to swallow. Fulmer was on his way out and Bama fans really were plentiful in Neyland that day.

Not many memories worth noting in the last decade but no doubt in my mind the Third Saturday in October will return to its rightful place on college football soon. Maybe not soon enough but It’s coming!

GBO!!!

Last edited:
Well said...sounds like me in my hardcore Braves fandom days. I still love baseball, especially live baseball, but free agency and bad fundamentals has reeeeaaally ruined MLB for me. I miss the old days. When I lived in Clearwater/Largo I used to go to several games a year at the Trop, but I never could establish a real diehard connection the Rays. Like I said greed and the MLB system ruined it for me.

The launch angle crap is doing me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back