Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get in your car and drive to Pigeon Forge. Pay the woman at The Golden Corral whatever she wants, and give the man who is grilling steaks no rest until you are full. Then, go behind the dessert bar where they hide the Mayfield’s ice cream. Tell the lady to brace herself, for you will not tire of returning for the Smoky mountain fudge ice cream till closing

Get in your car and drive to Pigeon Forge. Pay the woman at The Golden Corral whatever she wants, and give the man who is grilling steaks no rest until you are full. Then, go behind the dessert bar where they hide the Mayfield’s ice cream. Tell the lady to brace herself, for you will not tire of returning for the Smoky mountain fudge ice cream till closing
Then drive immediately to Leconte Medical Center for inevitable GI complaints

Well, after catching up it is obvious the fanbase is never going to agree on uniforms. We can't even agree on Nike or Adidas. But if orange britches gets the players excited, then get an alternate that the players like.

Reactions: drvenner
I
We have a path to 4-- not an easy path, but it's more than possible. Lose to SCAR @ home and bowl hopes take a huge hit. If we can get to 6, fans will travel so we could get a good matchup. Huge for recruiting.
Think if we beat SC we get three more. We lose to SC, we don't get four more.

I don’t get up that direction often but I’ll try Alamo next time. Peddler just seemed stuck in the past but maybe that’s the allure when there aren’t many options to begin with.
I've only visited the Peddler once and was impressed with everything but the steak. Which obviously is what mattered the most. Maybe I went on a bad night? Flavorless is the only way I can describe it.

Reactions: Jack Burton
I personally don’t think Pruitt caved to fans. I think he decided what’s best for his team to win games. Empty seats are a by product of losing, and we were losing.

I firmly believe the staff thought JG gave them the best chance to win the first three games. To be honest, who on here thought otherwise? Then the UF game came, and I’m sure they didn’t want to start a true freshman at the Swamp. Then they started BM.

Jim Chaney knows what he is doing. I gave Chaney some criticism at UGA based on some play calling with poor personnel choices. But he is light years better and more experienced than what we had last year.

I said all summer that this team would be lucky to get to 6-6 with JG at QB and it would take a win over Vanderbilt to get it.

JG was very erratic in the 2018 Mizzou and Vanderbilt losses and looked even worse in the Orange and White game while Maurer flashed more than once. I even predicted on Twitter that Maurer would be the starter before October.

And I was roasted by many for my brutal honesty. Some even questioned my loyalty as a VFL.

Just saying.

I said all summer that this team would be lucky to get to 6-6 with JG at QB and it would take a win over Vanderbilt to get it.

JG was very erratic in the 2018 Mizzou and Vanderbilt losses and looked even worse in the Orange and White game while Maurer flashed more than once. I even predicted on Twitter that Maurer would be the starter before October.

And I was roasted by many for my brutal honesty. Some even questioned my loyalty as a VFL.

Just saying.

1571360711917.gif

Just saying.

You did. I remember. I thought JG would continue to improve.

But fans are always going to think on the positive side. It’s what fans do. If JG is above average, we are probably 4-2 with an easy chance at 7-5 or better.

I believe Tennessee still owns interlocking UT. Texas paid Tennessee for the rights to use it in an out of court settlement. Tennessee can only use the interlocking UT east of the Mississippi River.

United Press International​
February 14, 1986, Friday, BC cycle

The University of Texas has reached a settlement with the University of Tennessee over the use of the ''UT'' trademark on such items as T-shirts, beer mugs, key chains and customized toilet seats.

Texas said a possible court dispute loomed because Tennessee had applied to the federal government for the right to use the trademark on a number of items not covered under Texas' trademark rights.

Under the agreement between the two schools, Tennessee gets to use the trademark east of the Mississippi River and in Louisiana's West Baton Rouge Parish, home of Southeastern Conference member Louisiana State University.

Texas will own the trademark everywhere else west of the Mississippi.

In addition, the agreement gives the Longhorns and Volunteers limited rights to use the popular interlocking UT logo design in each other's territory during bowl games or other special events.

A staff recommendations to the Texas Board of Regents said the solution was not ideal, but ''it does avoid a costly and protracted administrative and court proceeding.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back