Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if anyone listens to the Athletic podcasts. I tried listening to their podcast they recorded immediately after the Mississippi State game. A game we had to win, needed to win, and played well in. Closed it out. A lot of seniors did well, etc etc etc.

It was a game we as Vols fans, especially this season, could really enjoy.

@David Ubben , the entire time, in his whiney nasally voice, just being a wet blanket. I can sum up the podcast in one way... 40 min of Ubben saying yeah UT did okay BUT MSU is bad and UT got really lucky.

GTFOH Ub.

UT was lucky MSU got back half its team from suspension?

UT was lucky MSU got back half its team from suspension?
Silliness

Football is made up of “the breaks” and they often determine a game. Fumbles are generally dumb luck. The rotation of the ball as it hits the crossbar on a field goal, a player making an untimely penalty or an official missing something... it’s all the game

They still got a title, a runner up, and maybe another this year because of it tho. Clemson i think just got hot at the right time, i don’t think they were all that better than Alabama.
All those NFL DL deciding to come back as seniors was huge. It's pretty rare for that to happen, and I agree they won't sustain that Bama level. Even with Lawrence being a year older they seem to have fallen off some already.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
So we are going to be without To'oTo'o for the first half, and Bama is going to be without star WR DaVonta Smith for the first half. If you're Pruitt and the Vols win the coin toss, do you choose to kick or receive?

So we are going to be without To'oTo'o for the first half, and Bama is going to be without star WR DaVonta Smith for the first half. If you're Pruitt and the Vols win the coin toss, do you choose to kick or receive?

Onside it
Go for it on 4th
repeat
Don't have anything to lose.

Don’t see how anyone could say Tennessee “got lucky” vs Mississippi State because I don’t think we played a good game at all offensively and still beat their ass.

Dang come on now KV. We rushed for dang near 200 yards on them. It wasn't pretty , but it was just about total domination.

Don’t see how anyone could say Tennessee “got lucky” vs Mississippi State because I don’t think we played a good game at all offensively and still beat their ass.
Missed some points for sure.

Its a good thing to control a game and still not have your best stuff.

Dang come on now KV. We rushed for dang near 200 yards on them. It wasn't pretty , but it was just about total domination.
I don’t care so much about the counting stats. We’re still inefficient and have a lot of punts and field goals.

But what I’m saying about the MSU game is actually a compliment. We did not play well offensively and still largely dominated that game. That’s what good teams are able to do - leave points on the board and it still doesn’t matter all that much.

Silliness

Football is made up of “the breaks” and they often determine a game. Fumbles are generally dumb luck. The rotation of the ball as it hits the crossbar on a field goal, a player making an untimely penalty or an official missing something... it’s all the game

I'm not even sure in what way Ubben was suggesting UT was lucky, but there were quite a few "unlucky" things going against them to start the game.

Opportunity + Preparation = Luck

I know this is crazy but NCAA should allow teams who don't make it to a bowl be able to sign more than 25 in a yr. Akin to the NBA worst teams having the rights to the best players.
It would lessen the time for programs like us now to turn the corner, maybe. Crazy I know but I'm sure some of u innovative guys here on VN could come up with a plan.
As it is now it seems we are going to see the same teams in the playoffs year in and year out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back