Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I acquired me some Brave tickets from my good friend who at one time played for the Braves as a reliever. Get this. My seats are in section 38 row 11!! That is like three sections down from the visitors dugout right on the field! WOOOHOOO. He is going to be there also so I am going to take some pics. Oh, did I tell ya I got a Red Parking pass also? WOOOHOOO can't wait !! Go Braves!

What did you do?

Reactions: volsfan_17
Don't think it was an anomaly, just an opinion. I think he has talent and will become consistent and only get better.

Wts, I agree with the rest of your post. He's a true freshman and learning & growing into a role. Don't buy the "he shoulda been the starter all along" stuff.
Definitely revisionist, he wasn't ready earlier. And he's still gonna make mistakes but I have no doubt that it's his team now.

There was just something different, different in the way the team came out last Saturday, even thou we all had the belief we would probably lose. I don’t buy into the “should have put him earlier” crowd. Kid needed the time and maybe more, but he clearly had that team backing him, where we haven’t had that all year.

Reactions: Pane di mais
Yea, man could you imagine if Lincoln riley has those 15 and 16 teams. Dobbs, kamara, Hurd, JK, Malone, Preston Williams etc. have to believe we would’ve at least been to Atlanta both years.
I don't know enough about that to say. What you and @butchna both say makes sense to me, on that score. I just know that that Okla game and 2001 LSU were the two great heartbreaks for me. Twice we were a hair's width away from being a dominant team on a national scale. It could happen again but it's not going to happen in a minute.

Edit: Sorry, f my sad sack sh!t when the board is in such a great mood tonight! I denounce myself. :cool:

Last edited:
If some Made that hire here. #1 they would have balls as big as boulders and #2 should create a new Nobel prize for hiring football coaches in their name.
At the time? Would have been hiring a mid-major COORDINATOR and would have been run out on a rail first loss.

Wow Kershaw gives up B2B HRs to lose the lead against the Nats in game 5. Now this is playoff baseball.

Chokeshaw is his name..and I swear on everything as a dodger fan if they give him another contract or Ace contract at that.to him. I will personally write a letter to Tommy Lasorda and Dave Roberts myself...Chokeshaw ain’t worth a damn in the playoffs he doesn’t earn the money he’s being paid as a Ace...I’m so mad right now.thats a huge momentum swing in a baseball.i won’t be surprise if they lose.

At the time? Would have been hiring a mid-major COORDINATOR and would have been run out on a rail first loss.
Doubtful he could have pulled in the early recruiting classes that BJ did either.

As long as we can just imagine anything, @HankHill Butch hires Riley as OC (very possible, Butchna, right?) then Butch is canned with fanfare after the back to back losses to Okla and FL (gratifying my desires), and Hank's guy promoted into the job. Fantasize it that way. Unless that would have wrecked recruiting. Dunno.

Reactions: HankHill
Doubtful he could have pulled in the early recruiting classes that BJ did either.

As long as we can just imagine anything, @HankHill Butch hires Riley as OC (very possible, Butchna, right?) then Butch is canned with fanfare after the back to back losses to Okla and FL (gratifying my desires), and Hank's guy promoted into the job. Fantasize it that way. Unless that would have wrecked recruiting. Dunno.
If allowed to run the offense his way. Then QBs flock. More likely forced to utilize a downhill RB in the spread behind the same OL Bajakian and DeBord suffered.

Reactions: Pane di mais
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back