Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes because JG is giving those guys plenty of opportunities to make plays. Great point! Well thought out!

Tacklers? Please oh please tell me who the upperclassmen on defense are that are so good? I can’t wait to hear this. I’ll give you one: Bituli, and he’s started one game this season.

Squandered our upper class talent? You have to have upper class talent to squander it. This is ridiculous.
Bringing the heat.

Yeah, probably called and said “gotcha”.
As somebody noted above, good timing to make the weekend sports shows. Part of the difficulty there (the national grifters) is that there is so much jealousy of the SEC and add in Clemson (and for people who don't know better Oklahoma?) that the sour grapes nation is dying to have something to wax superior to. I think psychologically that's what the grifters are selling to be popular. It's cheap, easy, takes no talent, and gratifies the jelly. It reminds me of that time we were 12th in the conference and Oregon beat us; they started chanting, SEC! :rolleyes: That's why I loved them getting the duck beat out them by LSU in the sequel.

Yes because JG is giving those guys plenty of opportunities to make plays. Great point! Well thought out!

Tacklers? Please oh please tell me who the upperclassmen on defense are that are so good? I can’t wait to hear this. I’ll give you one: Bituli, and he’s started one game this season.

Squandered our upper class talent? You have to have upper class talent to squander it. This is ridiculous.
That was actually funny it was so ridiculously ironic..

The fact that you listed 10 upperclassmen is the issue. That number should be doubled.
It was kind of arbitrary...could say 9/12 top tacklers and say Kennedy, Jahmir, Locklear, Pope are playing, but I digress...

This isn't 1990. All teams play young guys early. Uga, bama, all do. This whole argument is archaic, but what's worse is this team really did have lots of 4th year guys and they have been wasted so far.

JG is an upperclassmen too...lol. hurting yourself here.

Tacklers - your argument wasn't who was all-sec or anything, you were talking productive for their team.

Dont move the goalposts now lmao. We have plenty of upperclassmen starting. That they arent producing is on this staff 2 years in.

Now you say they were never talented?? Lol we're talking 4 stars. Smdh don't bash the kids

Reactions: toyotaboy
It was kind of arbitrary...could say 9/12 top tacklers and say Kennedy, Jahmir, Locklear, Pope are playing, but I digress...

This isn't 1990. All teams play young guys early. Uga, bama, all do. This whole argument is archaic, but what's worse is this team really did have lots of 4th year guys and they suck so far and always have.

🐃💩

Reactions: chargervol
If he finishes this year with 2 wins its a complete disaster and theres no way to spin it any other way. Dropping games to Vandy and UK tells me that not only are they a bad football team, they got no better from start to finish. And while he may still keep his job for another year I don't think he can recover from that.
And while some think its already a disaster if he can get them to 5 with where they were after Ga St. thats improvement. 5-7 shouldn't make anybody happy or conclude anything long term. But it does give you something to sell. Theres no reason to keep him after the 3rd year if he's less than a bowl.
This is exactly how I feel and how I believe it plays out.

Here's the kicker though. Our best players will be sophomores with the exception of a couple from Pruitts first class. We're still going to be in a bad situation and will have to play a bunch of true freshmen again next season.
Doesn’t matter next year we have to make a bowl or he’s gone. 3 non conference wins and 3 of Vandy, Kentucky, Missouri, Vandy, and Arkansas. No bowl next year is definitely a fire-able offense.

Defensive line situation should be much better which will really help everything else on defense. Year 2 with Chaney. OL has shown nice strides this year and should be even better next year. We might be playing a freshmen QB, but if Bailey doesn’t catch on there’s no excuse for not having Maurer or Shrout or the Maryland transfer ready to go. 6 wins is absolutely a must going into a make or break year 4 for Pruitt.

Doesn’t matter next year we have to make a bowl or he’s gone. 3 non conference wins and 3 of Vandy, Kentucky, Missouri, Vandy, and Arkansas. No bowl next year is definitely a fire-able offense.

Defensive line situation should be much better which will really help everything else on defense. Year 2 with Chaney. OL has shown nice strides this year and should be even better next year. We might be playing a freshmen QB, but if Bailey doesn’t catch on there’s no excuse for not having Maurer or Shrout or the Maryland transfer ready to go. 6 wins is absolutely a must going into a make or break year 4 for Pruitt.
Um, Tom.... You ok?

289BD91A-73A8-44AB-881A-021CB5785F6F.png

Knoxville media and especially guys like ubben should tread carefully. Volnation has come together before to do big things for people’s careers(schiano) and they can and will send him packing after they’ve had enough. Local media sucks horse cocks @David Ubben

I agree to an extent, if he goes 1-11 or 2-10 it may be better to cut bait now though. Also depends on recruiting, i feel like if we lose HB then we are screwed

No way. The guy has the worst roster ever..

HB would be nice...and be an additional win or two, but the roster is depleted of capable SEC caliber players...jmo

Knoxville media and especially guys like ubben should tread carefully. Volnation has come together before to do big things for people’s careers(schiano) and they can and will send him packing after they’ve had enough. Local media sucks horse cocks @David Ubben
Media feeds off the sheep. The ones that feed off soundbites and misleading headlines. If people would quit clicking and reading that crap and definitely quit subscribing it will force media outlets to report the news instead of trying to create it. American journalism is trash but it sells.

Sorry if this has already been discussed but from looking at Twitter this Lady was a huge part of Tennessee football

I remember back when Fulmer was coach and he was down a coach during recruiting. He sent Judy Jackson out with other coaches on the recruiting trail. She was that good with the recruits' parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back