Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auburn Defense looks so much better than ours. Big, Fast, flying around. LB’s & DB’s flying up and taking out ballcarriers 1on1 ...
Our guys just seem to think way too much and not play the damn game
Yes, you have to think but when the ball is snapped you play and react

Reactions: quadlee21
Last years Florida game was this years Florida game..minus a lot of points same mistakes.
Yep. Thing is, there are plenty of things to criticize the coaches about, but it is not their fault that Smith gets called for hands to the face, Calbert gets called of the UC, Jennings with kick catch interference, and that JG throws to the other team. That isn't on them.

I think its crazy to be calling for a coaching change this early when it is clear to everyone watching the games that the best players on this team are the freshmen that Pruitt has recruited. We don't have talent. We don't. A talented DL gets push, no matter who the coach is. Ours gets none, 0. It's pathetic actually.

If we fired Pruitt there won't be any respectable coach taking this job. Y'all think we'll fire him and Urban Meyer will just gladly take this job. Ain't happening. And when people see our roster and that we fired Pruitt so early, there won't be any proven coaches coming here. It would be another Dooley or another Jones.

Best thing we can do is upgrade the staff and hope that Pruitt gets this thing together through recruiting. We have a long way to go to catch up with the talent we are playing on Saturdays.

For the first time time since 1995 I did not turn the game on. Deep down I knew what was going to happen and I just can't stomach watching our ineptness game in and game out.
Its been obvious to me since the end of last year that Pruitt isn't the guy. I know the buyout seems insurmountable but the longer we wait the worse it's going to get. How many people do u think will be in the stands next few games?

If it's me in charge and thankfully its not I'm working behind the scenes attempting to get an agreement With a PROVEN coach and pull the trigger. We just can't keep the status quo can we?

We shot ourselves in the foot over and over. We committed bad penalties in bad moments that hurt us.

We had costly turnovers at key moments that kept points off the board.

We could get no pressure on Track without blitzing. DL is atrocious. When we blitzed, if we didn't get there, we were vulnerable and Trask hit the open man. Burrell really struggled in coverage.

JG played the way he has all year. He is not a good QB. He missed wide open receivers, threw the ball to the other team, showed no touch on screen or short passes, and didn't give our receivers a chance with 50/50 balls. The advantage we had in this game was our big receivers vs their freshman, and unless they were wide open, JG wouldn't throw it.

Only way to fix the mess we're in is with recruiting. But that isn't going to be easy with the season we are fixing to have. There is no reason to play JG for the remained of the year. None.

I just don't know what we expect Pruitt to do when we have such lack of talent in key positions. Defense would have been fine today if the DL wasn't so bad. Offense would have been fine today if JG wasn't so bad. What do you do?
Love ya Bass but TLDR

JT is a turnover machine, and to be honest if he’s tossing picks against our secondary he isn’t better than JG.

It’s Maurer’s job going forward imo, without question. Ya got 8 games left and you obviously don’t trust or believe in the Butch guys except for a few. So use the rest of this season to get the young guys experience

Step 1-Win the coin toss in hostile territory and not defer.
Step 2- dont put your starting QB back in after you pulled him and the only points on the board came when the backup was in.

I dont know. I like Pruitt. I want him to succeed but I'm starting to believe in the static that he's not the one.

To me, and I'll say it again, we need to consider Richt. We dont and cant afford to take another chance on a coach. And I really dont know if there is anyone out there that is going to get us to the playoffs or even a SEC title game within the next 5 years. So we need someone to come in and just get us back on our feet. Compete with FL and beat USCjr, Mizz, Kentucky, and Vandy EVERY year. Then we focus on getting to the SEC championship. That's my opinion. Not that it counts for anything.
Richt wouldn't take this job. And even if he did, the DL and QB's aren't magically going to be better and many people on here would be calling for him to be fired when we struggle again.

Ok now that everybody is bit#$ing and crying and complaining, what is the solution? I don't think replacing the HC every 2-3 years is the solution. I do think Pruitt needs to start playing the true freshmen, RS Freshmen and soph's more and more getting experience for next year and keep turning over the roster and asking some more to hit the transfer portal.

Something obviously isn't right. I mean we have 4 and 5 stars all over the roster so we do have talent not Georgia and Bama and LSU talent but we do have talent and shouldn't be getting blown out by Florida or losing to BYU or Georgia State either. I don't know what the answer is but someone in leadership at UT needs to figure it out and fast!

Reactions: JustSomeVolFan
Richt wouldn't take this job. And even if he did, the DL and QB's aren't magically going to be better and many people on here would be calling for him to be fired when we struggle again.
You're probably right haha. I can dream though lol. I think urban is not an option. I dont think he would come here.

You're probably right haha. I can dream though lol. I think urban is not an option. I dont think he would come here.
Everyone is emotional and I understand it. But look at our roster. Look at who Pruitt has to play out there. Many of these guys we've mocked for years such as Warrior and JG. And yet we want to fire him because he can win with these guys? Makes no sense.

Again, any coach who sees our roster and the talent disparity that we have, and then sees us fire Pruitt after 2 years would laugh when they received a call from Fulmer about taking this job. Not a chance. Pruitt could offer Richt and Meyer 10 mil/per year and they wouldn't take it. And we can't pay that anyway.

Reactions: Rishvol
More than likely just a wake up call to JG. But they’ll go watch the tape and realize they should have left BM in.
The least unreasonable "reason" I can imagine (not to say that it corresponds to reality) (or that I endorse it) is that Chaney and Pruitt don't want to play the new QBs full-time until the GA-AL gauntlet is over.
The best thing I can say about JG since the GT game is that I didn't notice him pouting as badly today when the other guy went in and scored.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back