Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
fyp

You're welcome to believe what ya want, but considering we hired an unproven coordinator I don't think anyone can say Pruitt was a better choice. He could still prove to be "the guy" though, which I hope he does.
The fact remains that a LEACH defense would get hammered in the SEC. So again, his teams do decent, on defense, in the PAC12.

Doeren has two wins over ranked FBS teams at NC State and one went 7-6 and the other 8-5. He would have gotten us over the Vandy hump but not sure he would have gone further than that. He would also be struggling just like Pruitt.
Without the theoretical upside in recruiting we assumed Pruitt would provide. I was fine picking Pruitt over him and still back that decision.

Reactions: mrMet
Without the theoretically upside in recruiting we assumed Pruitt would provide. I was fine picking Pruitt over him and still back that decision.

Yeah, he's Butch 2.0. Just nothing about him inspires confidence. Middling guy at a middling program. Better than the dredges of the ACC but that's about it.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
WTF is happening in this thread!?! STFU about old coaching hires that never happened and aren’t going to happen. It is Florida week! How about we talk about that and support these coaches and this team? You know because Florida sucks and we deserve to beat them!

F....!?!

All these damn randoms in here....

As much as I really like Leach and hoped we ended up with him during the coaching search debacle. I've given it some more thought other than, he'd be cool in the presser and a few big plays. He wouldn't work out here, imo. The guy doesn't us TEs and barely uses RBs. Not to mention his defenses are.... Well he puts 11 guys out there. That wouldn't work in the SEC for long and recruiting would take a huge hit for years to come.
When has he ever been at a school that could afford to let him hire good defensive coaches and afford to let him recruit defensive players? His name and offensive reputation allows him to cheaply recruit offensive guys, but you need money and facilities and a proven DC to recruit top end guys on the other side of the ball than the one you're known for.

Fiat play I'm putting the offense in the bunch formation and running a counter off it. Doesn't matter if it doesn't go for much but it gives Florida a sense of "the counter could be coming."

Doeren has two wins over ranked FBS teams at NC State and one went 7-6 and the other 8-5. He would have gotten us over the Vandy hump but not sure he would have gone further than that. He would also be struggling just like Pruitt.
I disagree that he'd struggle to the same level Pruitt has. He would have been a MUCH better short term hire than Pruitt. Remains to be seen about long term.

I disagree that he'd struggle to the same level Pruitt has. He would have been a MUCH better shirt term hire than Pruitt. Remains to be seen about long term.

He prob. wouldn't have lost to GA State but not sure I see him beating Auburn on the road or Kentucky last year. Guy has an abysmal record against ranked teams.

book is still unwritten on pruitt. hard to say one way or the other at this point. GSU was bad. BYU had a CBJ flavor to it.

but Auburn and KY last year show promise.....recruiting the right type of players shows promise.

boils down to how well the continue to recruit, and more importantly, develop the rest of the roster.

need more time either way. i think you'll get to a point sometime in the future where anyone will be able to look back and say "see we should've known back then"........good or bad..........might be looking at the losses and saying or migh be looking at the wins and saying it.

roster is still the biggest issue. fix that, and let's see........

all the rest, just fodder as we distract ourselves from Florida week.

carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back