Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely no double pump by JG on that throw, I’ve watched it several times, moved it frame by frame in slow motion. As soon as he gets the ball up at eye level he is throwing it. No pump fakes involved. Maybe his throwing motion takes too long, but that’s more a mechanics issue than a decisiveness issue.

Look, I’m no JG fan and wished Shrout or Maurer looked more game ready yesterday, but I can’t see any double pumping or clutching in that one throw. If you want to tell me a Florida safety would have covered ground faster than a UTC safety I’m sure that’s right, but that’s a different question.

Here is the video again. Judging from the replies this is one of those blue/black dress vs. white/gold dress things.

No talking the biased folks out of their bias.

That said, if anything, I think the throw could have been thrown a yard to the left/away from the defender. He sort of led him into the defender. Timing was fine though.

My Dad passed from this earth into glory this morning around 7 AM. He was a minister for 50 yrs. Faithful til the end. As I said he was really well know in his arena. Doesn't mean much to most but just sharing and remembering. Having a Celebration service Thursday expecting hundreds. Got preachers coming from so many different States and Greater Vision is going to be doing the singing. Again, I know this doesn't interest a lot of people but will to some in here. Thanks for just letting share about my dad in here. Appreciate the prayers.
Prayers brother. I loved your dad's character in Fireproof. I quote him all the time, when I say "that guy's weird" and "Caleb".

Definitely no double pump by JG on that throw, I’ve watched it several times, moved it frame by frame in slow motion. As soon as he gets the ball up at eye level he is throwing it. No pump fakes involved. Maybe his throwing motion takes too long, but that’s more a mechanics issue than a decisiveness issue.

Look, I’m no JG fan and wished Shrout or Maurer looked more game ready yesterday, but I can’t see any double pumping or clutching in that one throw. If you want to tell me a Florida safety would have covered ground faster than a UTC safety I’m sure that’s right, but that’s a different question.

Here is the video again. Judging from the replies this is one of those blue/black dress vs. white/gold dress things.

Calbert and Wright playing handsy with the DL as they blow right by. That lack of hand violence is gonna get JG killed by the end of October.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dudley Smith
Anyone know if Bryan Aiken played yesterday? He's a walkon I've been wanting to see ever since the Mt Juliet guy said he was better than Reggie Grimes.

Reactions: UTSuave’
My Dad passed from this earth into glory this morning around 7 AM. He was a minister for 50 yrs. Faithful til the end. As I said he was really well know in his arena. Doesn't mean much to most but just sharing and remembering. Having a Celebration service Thursday expecting hundreds. Got preachers coming from so many different States and Greater Vision is going to be doing the singing. Again, I know this doesn't interest a lot of people but will to some in here. Thanks for just letting share about my dad in here. Appreciate the prayers.
Very sorry for your loss but am grateful he is at peace. Prayers for all of you

Your Dad meant so much to our family throughout the years. I'll never forget hearing him preach after hearing my grandmother speak so highly of him for years. During his sermon he had used her in one of his illustrations and then saw her in the audience and could stop laughing that she was there. He will be missed, but man what a celebration in heaven when another child of God was welcomed into His presence! Praying for you and your family.

So because he isn't a JG fan means he is above reproach with asinine comments? "He was not late on any of them" He was late on the first throw and 10 yards behind.

4:25 - ball should be half way through the endzone.

You have a problem with his football facts? Call him on that. You flatly stated that his take was compromised by homerism...which is a dishonest way of arguing.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Don’t know and hope so. I @ at her a couple of weeks ago. She replied and said she was basically disappointed at team performance. I think, at some point, she’ll be back. She is missed. 😞.
@SweetasSoda , you ok?
Oh, TY! Just been very, very busy with grandkids and switching libraries plus got another phone and can't remember my password lol. Is there a way to change it?

Why? Your post in response to mine was inaccurate. Post the same thing in each post and I won’t have to differentiate between your differing opinions.

No you read it out of context. Why would I ever say his first pass was good lol. Everyone knows it was terrible and should of been intercepted. Common sense. I was obviously talking about the TD pass to Marquez. Be smart.

So because he isn't a JG fan means he is above reproach with asinine comments? "He was not late on any of them" He was late on the first throw and 10 yards behind.

4:25 - ball should be half way through the endzone.

Now in response to your 4:25 Mark. Yes that throw was terrible. I don’t think he should of went to Marquez period. If he did he should have “dropped” it in over the top because Marquez has the speed to beat that defense. I would have thrown it to Jennings on the deep in on the first throw of the game. (Right out of his break he was open)

038FA9DD-AAEF-4165-89D4-35DE92F52AD5.png

Now back to the throw I was actually talking about. Dunno how anyone can say this is a bad throw.

Everyone would be PO’d if JG would of thrown it deeper and overthrown Marquez.

Corner was beat and the safety was beat so no need to lead him and throw it too far by accident. He dropped it in there and allowed Marquez to catch it in the bread basket.

It was a TD and no one was relatively close to him until after he caught the ball. If anything Marquez made it look like a tougher catch than it was.
5AC5C1DD-8264-4D65-9BC9-DB7C7B299D8E.png17E4C771-D772-4447-943F-9670225A9D0A.png

Last edited:
Now in response to your 4:25 Mark. Yes that throw was terrible. I don’t think he should of went to Marquez period. If he did he should have “dropped” it in over the top because Marquez has the speed to beat that defense.

Now back to the throw I was actually talking about. Dunno how anyone can say this is a bad throw.

Everyone would be PO’d if JG would of thrown it deeper and overthrown Marquez.

Corner was beat and the safety was beat so no need to lead him and throw it too far by accident. He dropped it in there and allowed Marquez to catch it in the bread basket.

It was a TD and no one was relatively close to him until after he caught the ball. If anything Marquez made it look like a tougher catch than it was.
View attachment 225387View attachment 225388
People may not want to admit it but after Maurer came in JG looked a lot like he did in 2018. He had a sharp day and gave me nothing to nitpick about. Will he keep it up, I don't know. But he had a good day this past Saturday

People may not want to admit it but after Maurer came in JG looked a lot like he did in 2018. He had a sharp day and gave me nothing to nitpick about. Will he keep it up, I don't know. But he had a good day this past Saturday

If he plays like that, he is a good QB. It’s when he doesn’t that he looks atrocious. Maybe something has finally clicked. Guess we will find out against Florida. I still think he has trouble seeing the field. Hopefully he works on that.

If he plays like that, he is a good QB. It’s when he doesn’t that he looks atrocious. Maybe something has finally clicked. Guess we will find out against Florida. I still think he has trouble seeing the field. Hopefully he works on that.
I agree, I hope the Chatt game allowed him to realize the job is up for grabs if he doesn’t settle down and start playing. Honestly winning in the swamp, no matter what, is always rare for the vols. Hopefully he will click enough this year to make a bowl somehow. But at least we have some backups who want to play and play now if possible. I hope he does well because the negavols need to come up for air, it’s getting ridiculous for volnation and that saying something.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back