Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The narrative when we took Maurer was that he was less college ready but had a higher ceiling than Howell. Hard to say whether that’s true or whether we just missed out on Howell
The jury is still out on Maurer, but UT did miss out on Howell, no matter what

The only touchdown the defense gave up in regulation was due to JG throwing into triple coverage instead of throwing it to one of two wide open guys on the other side of the field. He had quality protection, his RBs and OL put up over 200 yards rushing, and receivers got open. We held their NFL tight end to two catches. If you just get average QB play in that game, you win by 17+.

And if the defense doesn't have that unfortunate play late in the game, we still win in spite of QB. That's how shared guilt works.

The jury is still out on Maurer, but UT did miss out on Howell, no matter what
Do we know we actually wanted Maurer out of the two? I thought I remembered UNC feeling great about their chances with Howell as soon as Mack Brown came in.

I defer to your more informed opinion. But I just want to get the strongest hoses in the starting 5, and am shaking my head that Carvin wouldnt be one of em.
Carvin’s an OG playing center if that where he’s lined up. There’s more to that position than strength.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Banks taking first team reps over Ignont. JJP second team ahead of Reid
I wonder if JJP with the 2s means things are clicking for him, or if Pruitt has decided to just play his most talented guys, call aggressive plays, if they make mistakes - fine - but were going down swinging.

He mentioned getting back to his aggressive nature in those QB club comments.

I wonder if JJP with the 2s means things are clicking for him, or if Pruitt has decided to just play his most talented guys, call aggressive plays, if they make mistakes - fine - but were going down swinging.

He mentioned getting back to his aggressive nature in those QB club comments.

I said it from the first game, Reid and Ignont never need to touch the field again as starters. Their lack of Pursuit, ability to get off blocks, and coverage period was atrocious. Reid at times looked completely lost out there.

They are putting the younger guys in who are hungry and have the sideline to sideline speed and power that we need at the Linebacker position.

Do we know we actually wanted Maurer out of the two? I thought I remembered UNC feeling great about their chances with Howell as soon as Mack Brown came in.
Some may know but I don't. Either way, if UT could have gotten Howell, I'm 99% sure, they would have took him

Reactions: Vols410
You know who I am excited to see play this week?

Elijah Simmons. I think he is going to be a bright spot at the NG position. Can’t teach his size and speed. I feel like he is going to maul some Mocs.

Reactions: Big Sun
Yes it's all speculation at this point but even from quoted Pruitt has said we needed to establish a backup QB. If we go in with the wrong game plan about how we try to do that it could end up very badly. What do we do if we dont jump out to a big lead? Do we follow whatever plan the coaches came up with to establish a backup QB or do you stick with a potentially struggling QBs? There are a lot of potiental pitfalls heading into how we handling the QB situation this game if we dont come out firing on all cylinders.

You start JG and tell him to get his azz in gear and get us in the end zone or he’s coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back